PDA

View Full Version : Recommend A New Host

cameron
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
It's time for me to get a new host. Right now I've got a Gold Reseller account with Steadfast. ( http://steadfast.net/services/reseller.php ). I have connection problems with my sites several times a day. If I work on the site for half an hour, it's almost guaranteed that I won't be able to access it for 1-2 minutes during that time.

Currently I use about 300gb bandwidth/month. Traffic for all of my sites is 1500-2000 uniques per day.

I'd like to switch to a host with good support and reliable uptime. Somewhere that I have room to grow.CPanel is a plus. Unlimited domains is required. I'm not sure if I need a dedicated server yet or not. I've looked at a few sites, but I really don't know what is good and what isn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cutter
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
You may want to check out theplanet.com, I've got about half of my stuff with them.

cameron
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I was looking at their site before I made my post. I don't really know what I need when it comes to hosting. They have so many packages. I also know nothing about managing a server.

Maybe a VPS with another company would be good enough for now. Based on the info I provided in the original post what do you think?

Emancipator
06-12-2007, 11:46 AM
i would reccomend nexcess.net Ask to speak with Chris or Greg. I have referred a bunch of people from here to them. They are a fantastic company. If you speak with chris and let em know Michael from MoviesOnline sent you they will take good care of you. I send alot of business his way.

Any questions about nexcess ask. I can help, Westech here can also help. Its the first company I have ever referred people to and I have been with them for many years now.

cameron
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks. I've emailed Nexcess for suggestions.

Emancipator
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
good luck with it cameron. They are good people and good service. Let me know how you make out, and if I can help with any questions.

deronsizemore
06-13-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm with A Small Orange and have had no problems with them. Very good, very affordable hosting.

cameron
06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I got a managed dedicated server with Nexcess. So far it's been great! I ordered it at about 5PM and they had it setup by 10:30PM. All support responses have taken less than 15 minutes via email. Many of them have been within 2 minutes.

Emancipator
06-14-2007, 07:46 AM
I got a managed dedicated server with Nexcess. So far it's been great! I ordered it at about 5PM and they had it setup by 10:30PM. All support responses have taken less than 15 minutes via email. Many of them have been within 2 minutes.

glad they are working out well for you cameron!

Kyle
06-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm with Hostmysite.com... a big company that has near instant 24/7 customer service with people who speak/type good english.

They have unbelievable service for a cuople of my high traffic'd sites. I also have a VPS through them. Not cheap, but the instant customer service is why I'm with them.

Westech
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Welcome to hosting paradise! :D

Emancipator
06-14-2007, 01:13 PM
agreed. Hey Westech I am gonna take it personal you dont pop on MSN and say hello more often you bastard :)

artist
10-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Welcome to hosting paradise! :DIs it a hosting paradise? :lol:

noe
10-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Theplanet is god

artcoder
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Hostmonster would satisfy your requirements. Unlimited domains. 3000 GB of bandwidth.

Marshal
03-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Drupalvaluehosting.com is one of the web hosting companies that have many positive customer reviews. My own 6 months experience with their shared hosting lives up to the expectations, both in terms of uptime and customer support.
Here's what people were saying about them http://www.drupalvaluehosting.info/forums/dvh-user-raves
________
YOURHOTGODDESS (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/yourhotgoddess/)