PDA

View Full Version : What do you NEED / WANT to learn most?

michael_gersitz
01-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I am pretty interested in what kind of stuff you want to learn... (internet related) :)

MarkB
01-10-2004, 01:08 AM
I need to learn:

PHP
Javascript
CSS more fully
MySQL

I have knowledge to be able to edit/hack things, but not enough to code directly from scratch without referring to other code examples.

lo0ol
01-10-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm interested in learning Java.

incka
01-10-2004, 05:26 AM
I need to learn:

PHP (I can make an article site, but with anything else I need help)

Javascript (I know abit...)

Java (I can do Hello World on it...)

Flash (I want to make my own games for games2go)

CSS (Well, I'm getting better, but knowing more without looking at a book would be good)

C++ (I want to create some programs for web developers like a find-and-replace one)

Chris
01-10-2004, 09:00 AM
I'd love to have a mastery of css/javascript and photoshop. I'm quite proficient in both but I'd like to get into the truly advanced things that can really allow you to create great designs.

I have 0 flash experience and I'd like to change that as well (Don't have time though).

MarkB
01-10-2004, 09:25 AM
If anyone (like me) wants to learn more CSS by following practical examples (and influential uses of it!), then www.csszengarden.com is an awesome resource/example.

Best.Flash
01-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by michael_gersitz
I am pretty interested in what kind of stuff you want to learn... (internet related) :)

Online content writing - when i get some time id like to work on developing this skill.

Originally posted by Chris
I have 0 flash experience and I'd like to change that as well (Don't have time though).

Don't know why but I always assumed you were anti Flash.

Mike
01-10-2004, 10:53 AM
I would like to learn to do more techniques with photoshop (create better designs etc) and learn something like C.

Problem is the only real way you can get good at photoshop is to practice. At the moment, that is just not possible with the time I have.

GCT13
01-10-2004, 11:41 AM
CSS (nice link MarkB) and object oriented PHP.

MattM
01-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I have some knowledge of the following, I just need to get proficient in each of them:
PHP
MySQL
CSS
Photoshop / Fireworks / Flash / Freehand

If I have extra time, I need to learn ASP because I probably will need it for an upcoming/future project.

Chris
01-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Best.Flash

Don't know why but I always assumed you were anti Flash.

I think Flash sucks as a tool to design an entire website (or menus). I think it is great as a tool to make advertisements, games, and graphical headers.

Yoda
01-11-2004, 08:41 AM
I'd like to be handy with graphics, be it in PSP or PS. I'm satisfied with my knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. Producing solid designs to go with the sites I'm building is almost always my primary bottleneck.

Best.Flash
01-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Chris
I think Flash sucks as a tool to design an entire website (or menus).

If you where talking about Flash 4 and lower Id agree.