PDA

View Full Version : How to sell a domain?

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Somebody contacted me regarding buying a domain I own and I was wondering if somebody can advise how to sell the domain. Do you use sedo or other domain selling service?

Todd W
05-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Somebody contacted me regarding buying a domain I own and I was wondering if somebody can advise how to sell the domain. Do you use sedo or other domain selling service?

Take any form of payment you are comfortable with.

Be careful w/paypal or any other method that can be reversed like CC.

I would suggest Western Union, Wire Transfer, Bank Check (wait for it to clear though), cash or escrow.com

-Todd

Chris
05-25-2007, 06:34 AM
I default with asking them to send a check or money order. If they won't do that then use escrow. As Todd said, don't use paypal or CC.

deronsizemore
05-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Wouldn't it be ok to use paypal if say someone sent me money, I transferred it over to my bank account and then let go of the domain? Once it's transferred from paypal to the bank, there isn't much that can be done to reverse it right?

Generalissimo
05-25-2007, 08:07 AM
I think paypal may give you a negative balance, which you'd either have to pay (well legally you would have to pay) or leave paypal.

I've had a domain stolen via paypal before. $750 sent to me using a fraudulent credit card. I transferred the domain. A few days later got an email from PayPal saying the credit card was stolen, nothing they could do.

Johnny Gulag
05-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes if you do a deal on Paypal, they can take that money back at anytime and hold it until there system reviews the deal and decides what to do.

I recently completed a design job got paid, weeks went by no trouble, did more work for the client and everything was good. Then all the sudden they took the cash for one of the jobs out of my account and reviewed it for a month and a half.

The client never complained to them at all. It was just a check there system does.

I had the cash in the account still so I am unsure what would have happened had it been empty.

MaxS
05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Escrow works fine.

Todd W
05-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Paypal can go negative, and then if you don't repay them they will send collections after you.

deronsizemore
05-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I didn't realize that PayPal could go negative, so I'll definitely be more careful will transferring money that way. Before now, it's the only thing I've used.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks,

When you are saying use escrow, are you referring to a particular service or are you talking in general?

Thanks again,

Peter

rpanella
05-26-2007, 02:03 PM
There are some different services out there but I think the most popular is escrow.com, I think they charge about 3% for domain sales but I'm not positive.
________
Portable vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Can anybody recommend an escrow company?

deronsizemore
05-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Can anybody recommend an escrow company?

escrow.com?

MaxS
05-27-2007, 10:58 PM
escrow.com?
Yea, I've only used Escrow.com. No complaints.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys,

I'll give escrow.com a try...

Peter