PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Yahoo PPC?

Chris
05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I've not used Yahoo PPC much, using Google much more.

Anyways... I started advertising my compost tumbler site on it... I have content distribution turned off, and yet my ad still gets shown on garbitrage sites like:

www.top-4-picks.com/search.php?searchname=compost+bins
composttumbler.biz/

etc, in fact the vast majority of my traffic is coming from those POS sources.

Am I missing something or what? I sent yahoo an email and got a canned response about not being able to control where my ads are shown... say what? Advertisers aren't given control over where their ad shows up? Hmm... (Chris clicks the suspend ad button at YSM).

I'm more than happy with better controlled campaigns at MS & Google, if Yahoo is going to force me to fund those garbitrage sites I'll just not use Yahoo.

Todd W
05-22-2007, 06:19 PM
MSN PPC has been ****ty for me 50 clicks 0 visits 100% targeted keywords w/google I was doing 20:1. :flare:

Yahoo PPC probably sucks because YPN sucks:confused:

Cutter
05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I completely shutdown all of my Yahoo campaigns. Its exactly **** like this which I had to keep dealing with.

organ
05-23-2007, 04:38 AM
yes, yahoo and msn ppc are suck.

Chris
05-23-2007, 05:39 AM
Now I like MSN, the traffic converts better than Google.

I theorize MSN people are more likely to not shop around. I mean they haven't bothered to change their default search engine/homepage since when they bought their computer right? They're probably less computer literate and less Internet literate and might not understand about PPC advertising placements and think we're listed high because we're the best. Then of course they likely have less knowledge of other shopping locations.

In anycase, it seems to convert a little higher.

Dan Morgan
05-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Seems like if you have content dist turned off and yet you are still showing on sites then it is a case of the support person mis-understanding you. Otherwise why would they give the option to you if it didn't do anything?