PDA

View Full Version : Low Interest Cards UK

MarkB
01-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi guys,

I am sloooowly completing the following site:

http://www.lowinterestcards.co.uk

It's indexed on Google, although the field is highly flooded - that doesn't bother me too much, it's something I'm interested in and will stick with for the long-haul. I've already had one sign-up (lead) through it with CJ, so it's working (even if I only get 6 visitors a day LOL).

I'm interested in your thoughts on the design, useability (finding your way around, etc). Some pages are still unfinished, though.

Thanks!
Mark

s2kinteg916
01-08-2004, 02:19 PM
it looks good..........

incka
01-08-2004, 02:41 PM
It does. As I've already said I'm interested in a link partnership.

chromate
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Looks really good. I thought of starting a site myself, but like you say, the competition is big. I don't think I have the staying power to see it through to the end. :)

MattM
01-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Interesting site. :) It may just be my browser, but it seems that in the left navigation menu, About Us and Links are underlined while the others are not. Also, Links is a different font color.

ozgression
01-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Great design... I really like it. Simple but professional.
________
silver surfer review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

Mike
01-09-2004, 09:28 AM
It's down for me at the moment:(

MarkB
01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Try now...

Mike
01-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Still down:(

MarkB
01-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Weird... Because it has been working fine for me all day.

kdb003
01-09-2004, 02:04 PM
it works for me too

Mike
01-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Strange...

MattM
01-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Works for me too.

MarkB
01-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Anyway - more comments welcome, particularly on how easy it is to find your way around, and any SEO tips you may have.

Thanks! :)

ozgression
01-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Navigation is good... And I really like the layout of the review pages eg. http://www.lowinterestcards.co.uk/morethan.html
________
digital vaporizer (http://digitalvaporizers.info)

kdb003
01-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Well, Im not a huge fan of the navigation, but i could work for you.

This is the order I saw things:
1. the left menu with no content links
2. google ads
3. the lastest additions
4. the links at the top

The left menu really threw me off. I might add the links at the top to that menu. Just a suggestion.

chromate
01-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Mark, Just a couple of SEO things...

It would be better if you could replace the "home" anchor text with "low interest cards". I know you lack some space to do that in your left menu. What you could do though is make the "home" link in the left menu a javascript / form link and then create another link at the bottom of the page called "low interest cards" which the search engine would follow back to your home page, with the added benefit of the keyword rich anchor text. Normal users could still follow the normal "home" link in the left menu as normal.

You could also make the link to your "links" section a javascript or form link on all pages except for your front (home) page. That way you're limiting the amount of PR that will go to your links page and then out of your site. However, you're still giving your links page "some" PR to keep your link partners happy. I think this is quite important, because at the moment you have quite a meshed linking structure and as it is now, on every page some of your PR will be sent to your links page and then consequently leave your site to be sent to your link partners. My way would just *partially* plug that PR drain, whilst keeping people happy.

MarkB
01-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the very cool responses, guys :)

kdb003: I agree about the no-content-links nav - I will do as you suggest and move the top links over.

chromate: how does make a javascript/form link?

I also agree about the links page, but as it is any outbound links are put through an out.php file (which Google cannot spider), so I'm hoping that will retain PR somewhat. But, as it is, the links page has a PR of 3...! (main page - 4)

Anyway, more work ahead obviously! :)

Also, thanks for the comments on the design. It's based off a template from Boxedart.com which has been altered slightly (and will be altered further). The profile/card layout pages are my own though.

chromate
01-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Do a search for javascript links. There have been quite a few threads about it I think. If you're going through an out.php, depending on how it works you may not lose any PR anyway. However, you may find people are reluctant to exchange links with you for that very reason.

Mike
01-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Ah Mark, it works for me now:) I really like the design, it suits your sites theme.