PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Acquires RightMedia - $680 Million

MaxS
04-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Yahoo is making its power move to counter Google’s acquisition of DoubleClick: the company is acquiring RightMedia, the ad marketplace in which it already owned a 20% stake.

In a New York Times article to be published Monday, the price is pegged at an awesome $680 million, equal parts of stock and cash. Google-DoubleClick was $3.1 billion in cash. RightMedia recently launched its ad marketplace RMX Direct, which is basically an ad network aggregator: they’ll fill your inventory with whichever ad network pays the best.
http://mashable.com/2007/04/29/yahoo-rightmedia/

Wow, another huge acquisition. I wonder what changes this will bring to the RM network.

Chris
04-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Indeed.

Maybe I can get back into YPN through the RM network.

MaxS
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Indeed.

Maybe I can get back into YPN through the RM network.
What happened? YPN gave you the boot?

Chris
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Ya, a long time ago. Search my blog.

Cutter
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Funny how a company like Yahoo can drop half a billion dollars on an ad company but still can't manage geotargetting YPN on their end.

Generalissimo
05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
I wonder if Right Media will suddenly because 'Beta' and for people who have a US Tax ID only...

MaxS
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Funny how a company like Yahoo can drop half a billion dollars on an ad company but still can't manage geotargetting YPN on their end.
Indeed. Beyond that, their ad targeting system is horrendous. I removed the advertisements from a few of my websites simply because no matter what, the ads were far too irrelevant. The true problem lies in the fact that they ban advertisers for their own faults.