PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Fusion Channel CPM differences

Generalissimo
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Tribal Fusion seems to sell very targeted advertising to some of it's channels, so what effect does this have on CPMs? What kind of CPMs are you getting for which channels?

I'm getting about $2.10 on the games channel (this is the CPM they tell you, before they take their cut, and including popups, leaderboards, skys and rectangles).

Chris
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM
pretty good, better than me.

I get $1.71 CPM, but my TFD cpm is only $0.73 and you know thats dragging down the average. TFD was a stupid thing to do, especially making it mandatory.

Generalissimo
04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree. Especially as you can't see what CPMs you are getting from the individual advertisers.

I'm having problems setting up 'floating defaults' too - they seem to have ignored my email unless their reply got caught in my spam filters.

Dan Morgan
04-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I do well with Tribal by all accounts above, with just banner, leader and sky format, no pops.

TFD is annoying, especially since you cannot increase the floor above 60 cents, but on the flip side, it does make commercial sense for Tribal. There is only one TFD advertiser running through my sites as everything else is blocked via domain blocking. I would remove the remaining advertiser too if it didn't contribute to non-TFD market impressions (although I need to crunch some numbers and I suspect I will block that too).

Generalissimo
04-21-2007, 12:13 PM
How do you do domain blocking? What advertisers under tribal fusion do you use? It doesn't seem to be worth doing if you're just on fastclick and casale media under it.

Chris
04-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Well as of this weekend TFD has earned TF my second tier spot, down from first tier.

Generalissimo
04-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Burst in first?

Chris
04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Advertising.com

Dan Morgan
04-22-2007, 03:48 AM
How do you do domain blocking? What advertisers under tribal fusion do you use? It doesn't seem to be worth doing if you're just on fastclick and casale media under it.

Domain blocking has been a feature of the TF interface since I began using it, which must be maybe 3 years ago now. It is in the same section as category blocking, just change the drop down to domain from category.

It is worth it for me as I can block all the Smiley Central-type TFD ads and default to Google which betters the TFD average rate by a mile, Fastclick and Casale don't get a look in. Although TF do not break down the distribution of TFD impressions/rates, they do show up on the reports with zeros for those columns so you can work out which advertisers are being run.

If I add the one remaining advertiser not domain blocked I effectively remove TFD, although periodic checking is required to catch any new ones. I would ultimately rather have a few advertisers blocked who run on both Market and TFD.

Generalissimo
04-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Advertising.com

Are you joking? I knew someone who was using them a few years ago and getting sub-$0.20 eCPM. They can't have improved that much can they?

Chris
04-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I worked out an agreement with them for a guaranteed CPM.

Chris
04-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey Dan, mind sharing your TFdirect block list?

john190
04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
So how much are you getting on average on CPM on banner ads? This is after TF takes their cut.