PDA

View Full Version : Looph.com Homepage

kmetral
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Looph.com (http://www.looph.com) is a new homepage I created geared towards teens. Its been up for about a month and has pretty good traffic. Any good ideas on how to improve or market this website more?

izwar
04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
assuming you have tried face book and myspace other ways could be posting on teen related forums with link to your site in the signature. :yawnb:

Post in related blogs with link back to your site.

Mabie try using yahoo questions, and answer a lot of peoples teen questions and shoot a link back to looph.

I would perhaps put a tell a friend script on the page, to encourage some word of mouth.

Mabie try using reviewme.com and have some bloggers write about it ( be carefull as it could end up a review you might not feel comftorble about )

Adwords
Yahoo and MSN ads as well much cheaper

anyone care to help out i think im out of ideas right now

kmetral
04-19-2007, 02:18 PM
thanks izwar that helps alot

ZigE
04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
I guess you got your design ideas of yahoo, even the logo is similar.

deronsizemore
04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I guess you got your design ideas of yahoo, even the logo is similar.

I was going to say the same thing. I think it kinda takes credibility away from the site when it's almost a blatant copy of another popular sites design, but that's just me.

kmetral
04-20-2007, 12:08 AM
that is true we did copy most of our layout from yahoo, but whats better than the layout of a billiondollar website that has been testing on many users

ZigE
04-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Design is all about feeding off other peoples idea. But theres a point where you have to recognize it as being unique by itself. People shouldn't suddenly be thinking 'yahoo' when they enter the site.

If it was me, i'd change the logo. But whatever

Jenita
04-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Hi,

You can paste your link on some social community site.