PDA

View Full Version : Adwords - Basic question

Dan Morgan
04-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I have dabbled with Adwords in the past, but always too infrequently to be kept abreast of major changes to the process/GUI.

I have hit a glitch, and in wanting to avoid canned responses for a problem that in its basic nature must have been experienced by nearly all adwords marketers, I decided to pose the question here.

Everytime I add a new keyword or keywords to an existing ad group, the whole ad group pauses until it is approved. Why oh why, do they not set it up so new keywords are paused/pending and the ad group which was happily running previously continues to serve? Setting up a new ad group seems overkill...

It would be a little easier to bear if said new keywords were labeled appropriately, but everything to the naked eye just looks like it is all okay but not running for some unexplained reason. Even when the campaign is first setup this is true. This lack of information has always irritated me, and the more I look at it the more I think I must just be missing something substantial. An "unhide useful information" tab switch for example?

I hope someone can help me out...

agua
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Dan - I'm pretty sure thats the way it is.

When you add new keywords to an ad-group - it pauses.

One way I have found around this is to create a new ad group, possibly with ad copy tweaks etc, add the new keywords and submit this so the old one is still running at the same time.

Dan Morgan
04-18-2007, 01:34 AM
I thought as much - thanks.

I cannot think of any reason to persist with either of those "features" on Google's part.