PDA

View Full Version : iTunes TV Shows

Generalissimo
04-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I've recently got a new iPod (my old non-video one broke, so I thought it was about time I got one of these 80gb video ones), and so I thought I'd check out some of the content iTunes has aimed at them.

So I bought a $50 iTunes voucher from ebay (living in the UK, it's the only way to get access to the US store, luckily the voucher was actually cheaper than $50 and the code was on instant delivery!).

I've downloaded an apprentice clipshow (free, I don't think I'll be buying the series though, it's more about personalities than business now), and bought quite a few shows from History Channel, Biography Channel and Discovery Channel, as well as a few episodes of 30 Days which caught my interest. As well as that I've be getting podcasts from DemocracyNow and The Onion I must say although the quality on the computer screen isn't as good as what you'd get on a HDTV or anything like that, it's very watchable - especially on the iPod itself which has a surprisingly very good bright screen. I'm most way through my first $50 voucher now (even though shows are about $1.99 each) - I'll certainly be buying another one.

MaxS
04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
I've had my video iPod for quite awhile now, but I've been purchasing TV shows through iTunes for even longer. The quality isn't bad at all, and the selection is great.

as well as a few episodes of 30 Days which caught my interest.
I have both seasons on iTunes (as it's hard to actually catch that show while it's being aired). Great show!

Generalissimo
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I only caught the minimum wage one when it was on TV over here. What episodes do you recommend? So far I got that atheist/christian one, the one where morgan goes to jail, the environment one and the prolife/prochoice one.

MaxS
04-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I enjoyed them all, to be honest. They're all very interesting.

Cutter
04-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I've been buying a lot of TV shows off itunes lately. Just finished the Battlestar Galactica original series, now watching the mini series and the rest of the new show. I wish that the one from the 70s ran longer than a season because I never had trouble falling asleep a single night when I had it running, sometimes took me 3+ nights to get through an episode :lol: