PDA

View Full Version : ActionScript calling up HTML Frames

visual
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
I am pretty much a green pea in ActionScript, although been able to solve some of my own problems. But this time I am stumped. I have Flash navigation bar "NAV" in a left hand frame of a frames page, and another one (with Scenes), called "TOP", in the top frame. The Flash in the top panel will also have buttons to call up the frames in the body "BODY" (and other names) section below it.

HOW do I script the buttons so that this will work?

When I chose to use Flash over JavaScript for these buttons I under-estimated the challenges I'd face. BUT... I do want to learn ActionScript and had been making progress up to this point. The HELP function has been an oxymoron for me tonight!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Johnny Gulag
03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Hello

You are wanting to know how to target a named frame?

If so, keep reading, if not post again and I will assist all I can. :)
on(release) {
getURL("http://site.com/page.html", "framename");
}Though I have heard rumors of people having trouble getting this to work, I am pretty sure it used to work for me, when I made flash navigations for my sites.

Hope it helps. :)

visual
04-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Arrgh!
I put this in:

on (release) {
getURL("oppoptunities.html", name="MAIN", "GET");
}

...and the page "opportunities.html" comes up as a separate page, not inside the frameset as it should.

I have also tried it:

on (release) {
getURL("oppoptunities.html", "MAIN", "GET");
}

Both versions are not noted by the checker as having errors, nor when published. Both ways I get the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Blue Cat Buxton
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
My actionscript is rusty, but have you tried self instead of main?

visual
04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys! I got it to work. Part of my problem was that it had to be online. I don't know why, but it did not work locally, but does online.