PDA

View Full Version : Adsense on new site?

deronsizemore
03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Should you put adsense or other ads similar on a new site or should you generate content and try to built traffic for a while before even starting to place ads? I know if I place ads at the start I wont make any money but I figure what could it hurt by placing them at the start of the site?

rpanella
03-25-2007, 06:39 PM
It really depends on the type of site. For some sites a well blended unobtrusive adsense ad won't really bother visitors, but for some types of sites it might be better to wait.

Basically if you think any users will be turned away by seeing an ad, then don't run them yet. Otherwise it shouldn't really hurt.
________
Pov videos (http://www.****tube.com/categories/33/pov/videos/1)

MaxS
03-25-2007, 07:18 PM
To be honest, I think you answered your own question. If you're not going to make any money, why bother?

Chris
03-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Often you design your site with ad spaces in mind and it'd look funny without the ads.

I don't see a problem with adding well blended adsense right away.

deronsizemore
03-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Thanks - I did plan the site for ad placements (or best I could anyway) so I don't think the ads would be unobtrusive to the visitors.

I probably wont make money at the start or even for a while but I figure I 'might' make a little here and there and it could potentially give me the opportunity to play around with different colors, placements, etc to see what has more of an effect. Although I do realize that these tests would be not super accurate until I've got some regular traffic.

jamestl2
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, Adsense is free, so as long as the ads dont disrupt the visitors to your site there shouldn't be any problems

allout
04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I always add Adsense to my sites when I start them. Most sites have adsense and most visitors seem to expect them. Add them, they are free and you might get some clicks early on.

john190
04-09-2007, 09:40 PM
It's always best to have a fully funcational site before applying and adding an ad network. Also some traffic is good as it helps to start things off.