PDA

View Full Version : Introducing www.buddaysh.com Forums / Live RPG / Arcade / Point Store

scubasteve
01-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey all,

I have just opened my website , Wanted it to get a review and possibly some new members :)

www.buddaysh.com

please check us out, we have a plethora of things to do there,

Thanks!

Steve

Chris
01-03-2004, 04:02 PM
The design is attractive but you will have a hard time achieving success by focusing on so many varying topics. Mostly it looks like a "Young Adult Male Miscellaneous" Board.

scubasteve
01-03-2004, 04:05 PM
hmm I see your point

Mike
01-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Also I can't see you have any content. You've got to put something on that will make new members sign up. If they see a forum with all these categories and no posts, they will just move to a well known one.

scubasteve
01-03-2004, 04:24 PM
I know thats the problem, lol we have about 13 members, were dedicated and all but we need some traffic

scubasteve
01-03-2004, 06:28 PM
any ideas for it? we need new members

Mike
01-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Cut down on the topic of the site.

chromate
01-04-2004, 10:36 AM
If you're trying to attract young adult males for a "lads chat" type thing then I would add some content that they would be interested in on your front page. Make it almost like a mini lads magazine... girls / sex / gadgets etc etc. If you do it right, that will pull in a fair bit of traffic and then they'll venture into your forum.

At the bottom of each feature in the magazine-like part of your site you could have a link into the forums, like "discuss this article by clicking here". That will drive some traffic into your forums.

If you have articles on gadgets / sex etc then you also open up a new window of revenue streaming through affiliate links (buy this gadget type thing) / google adsense (mens health probably pays reasonably well) etc.

Basically, I think you need some content to open a channel into your forum as your forums are currently so broard in terms of topic.