PDA

View Full Version : Domain which includes the word "Terrorist"

agua
03-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Not anything to do with Terrorists at all - Do you think this is in bad taste?

Kyle
03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
When used to make it sound catchy?
Like... GamingTerrorist.com or something? Or a site about terrorists?

Obviously a site about terrorism would be fine.

But using it to make your business sound more catchy, would probably be in bad taste, sadly.

Just my opinion though.

agua
03-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Nah - it's not a site about Terrorism - it was to make it sound more catchy - but its more of a personal interest rather than a business.

rpanella
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
It also depends on the niche of the site as well. For some areas it might be in bad taste but in others it might be more appropriate. Of course there will probably always be some people who see it in bad taste no matter what, but if thats not a problem for what you are doing with it, it might not matter.
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

BGray
04-26-2007, 03:37 AM
If it has nothing to do with terrorism I would not use the word "Terrorist" to give it a catchy sound. Do yourself a favor and find another catchy term.

allout
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I would avoid it. It may work but given the views in today's world, I am thinking it might kill your sites rep.

However, if it is a site directed towards young teens only, it might attract that crowd because they think the name is cool.

If it is a long term venture, I would say NO. If you are looking for the quick hit and gone site, and it meets what I said above then it might work.

Chris
04-26-2007, 09:36 AM
After 9/11 I got the domain terrorism-survival.net (or .com, I forget) and thought to make it a spinoff of my survival site, but decided it was in bad taste.