PDA

View Full Version : Links From About.com

cameron
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Do links from About.com help out your site in any way other than the traffic they send directly? I've got a link from a PR6 page on their site, but it opens with their frame on the top.

I get a handful of uniques from them everyday at least, so it's a good link even if it doesn't pass PR.

Todd W
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
As far as I can tell they do NOT pass PR but they do send visits a couple of my sites get between 1500 and 3000 visits a month from about.com links. :ladysman:

ozgression
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Nice... how did you get those links? Emailing them or submitting your links to a resources page or something?

Todd W
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Nice... how did you get those links? Emailing them or submitting your links to a resources page or something?

Nope, they found and added them.

cameron
03-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I noticed they were linking to an Angelfire site that was made up completely of my content. I contacted the writer of that section and he switched the link to my site.

Todd W
03-21-2007, 06:12 PM
I noticed they were linking to an Angelfire site that was made up completely of my content. I contacted the writer of that section and he switched the link to my site.

Yeah they are good about that... I had some content written by an about.com writer one time and they contacted me regarding removing it so they are out there looking :)