View Full Version : Google!!!

Megaofferz
03-18-2007, 10:31 PM
www.GoogleMyGift.com

how much you'll pay for such a name?

thanks

deronsizemore
03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Not much. I would say Google would probably shut it down fairly quickly.

Erin
03-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Not much. I would say Google would probably shut it down fairly quickly.Ditto. Except I wouldn't pay anything for it. I wouldn't have even registered it.

MaxS
03-19-2007, 02:52 PM
To be honest, you would have to pay me to take that domain. Google won't hesitate to take it.

Kyle
03-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't see the value in this domain, and can't understand the use other than for extreme commercial purposes.

Examples of DEVELOPED sites with "google" in them that Google hasn't taken:

google-watch.org
just****inggoogleit.com
googleguide.com - well known, and commercial with adsense, and google links to it.

googlewhack.com
googlerankings.com

Now we all know companies like Microsoft, and Lucas Film/Arts are insane when it comes to using their company names in domain names. Google is not the case, I'm sure it is all about your intentions and how you use it.

I wanted to make this clear, so Google wasn't considered another Microsoft when people use their name in domain names.

Google doesn't even own GooglePagerank.com, which redirects to something in (maybe German?).

rpanella
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Not worth the registration fee.

Besides the trademark issues, it is very specific to Google and don't want to close any doors. Who says Google will be the biggest search engine in 5 years? SearchMyGift.com or FindMyGift.com would both be worth much more and you can be people will be searching no matter what happens to Google in the future. How much do you think AltavistaMyGift.com is worth right now?
________
Girlfriend Pic (http://girlfriendpics.org)

BusinessGeek
03-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I agree. Stay away from anything trademarked, especially if it's corperate. You could be sued blind if you begin selling anything on that site or it takes off. I mean it's not like Google has the time to sue the owner of every registered domain using the word google for trademark infringement, but hey .. why risk it?

My best suggestion would be to try selling it on ebay for people running virtual hosts. The domain may be more indemand for that kinda thing then for website publishers.