PDA

View Full Version : icon not cooperating

deronsizemore
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
www.kentuckygolfing.com is the site I'm working with.

For the nav menu I have an "RSS" link of which I have put an RSS icon to the left of it. Well you can see that the icon is to close to the actual text "RSS". I keep trying to move the text away from the icon and add some space in between there but I'm not having much luck with doing so. After adding some space between the icon and the text, I also want to add some space between the icon and the <li> container. Right now the icon butts right up against the side of the container. I really just want it to set in the center of the container as all of the other links do. Seems easy enough...maybe I've been looking at the computer to long? lol.

Thanks in advance.

agua
03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
a#rss {
background: transparent url(images/rssicon.gif) no-repeat left .4em;
text-indent: 5px;
}

Shawn
03-16-2007, 02:06 AM
I think everyone else will agree: Longest. Site. Design. Ever.

You really need to just get this site up. Not to get on you or anything, but this should've been launched months ago. We see a design question about the site once every couple of weeks and have for the longest time -- I think it's best to work on the content, get this thing launched, and then perfect the design.

Don't get me wrong, this is definitely the place to post questions about things you have problems with. I'm just looking out for you and know it'd be best just to get the site up -- then perfect it.

agua
03-16-2007, 02:17 AM
I concur :) and am also guilty :)

deronsizemore
03-16-2007, 06:49 AM
a#rss {
background: transparent url(images/rssicon.gif) no-repeat left .4em;
text-indent: 5px;
}

Never crossed my mind to do that. Thanks, it worked.

I think everyone else will agree: Longest. Site. Design. Ever.

You really need to just get this site up. Not to get on you or anything, but this should've been launched months ago. We see a design question about the site once every couple of weeks and have for the longest time -- I think it's best to work on the content, get this thing launched, and then perfect the design.

Don't get me wrong, this is definitely the place to post questions about things you have problems with. I'm just looking out for you and know it'd be best just to get the site up -- then perfect it.

Lol...I knew that was coming, just didn't know from whom! Yes, I agree. I get stuck on trying to get the design right when I know I should be generating content and working on the design after the content is up and going. I'll always take some constructive criticism, so feel free to critique anything you see of mine or see me doing that is obvious the wrong way to go about it...because you all are obviously more experienced than I.

In my defense though I did switch CMS's recently and most of my time has been spent learning the new (better) system, plus with my full time job I am limited on how much I can work on it.

With that said, I have a question. I really am for the most part finished with the design of the site (finally right?) However, I do not have the forum finished and I do not have the photo section finished, as you can see on the homepage I have "recent forum topics" and "recent pictures" which are two main areas of that section...should I simply display a "coming soon" blurb in each of those sections until it's complete while I'm adding content? How should I go about that?

Thanks

Chris
03-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Don't put a "Coming Soon" up, it makes your site look unfinished.

If the section isn't done, remove it entirely until it is done.

Shawn
03-16-2007, 08:21 AM
What that guy said.

deronsizemore
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Fair Enough.