View Full Version : Openads.org

Skeewe
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.openads.org/
anybody use this? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Generalissimo
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Used to be called PhpAdsNew. Known to have had security problems if you don't update it. Can be quite complicated to use. But if you've got the time, need a good ad rotator/geotargeting/server it's a good piece of software.

Todd W
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I still use www.adpeeps.com it does everything I've ever dreamed + more :)

Westech
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Interesting. We were just about to set up phpadsnew (openads). I had never heard of adpeeps, but might need to check it out. How long have you been using it, Todd? Any thoughts on how resource hungry it is under high traffic compared to phpadsnew?

Todd W
03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Interesting. We were just about to set up phpadsnew (openads). I had never heard of adpeeps, but might need to check it out. How long have you been using it, Todd? Any thoughts on how resource hungry it is under high traffic compared to phpadsnew?

I've been using it since it came out which was probably ~3 or so years ago. I've not used it under "high usage" sites so I don't really know how server intensive it gets.

I can you tell it was easier for me to learn than phpadsnew that's for sure!
I believe you can test it free too.

agua
03-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Bugger - it seems like Ad Peeps is now $99 with a 7 day trial... does anyone else see this?

Todd W
03-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Bugger - it seems like Ad Peeps is now $99 with a 7 day trial... does anyone else see this?

I think it's always been in the 79 to 99 price range... but yeah it's def. there ;)

ozgression
03-16-2007, 04:04 AM
I've used both phpadsnew and adpeeps in the past and i prefer adpeeps.

apauley44
05-11-2007, 08:34 AM
I still use www.adpeeps.com it does everything I've ever dreamed + more :)

I demo'd the adpeeps program and you are right it was great. But then I paid for it and installed the new code the same way I did the trial code and it is locked and expired. The support phone number goes to a full recording and no one has responded to my tech support email for the last 3 days. if you know how to offer any assistance I would be appreciative.

Thanks

MaxS
05-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I've never been a fan of PHPAdsNew. To me, it's overly complex and bulky.

That said, I haven't checked it out since about last year.

Blue Cat Buxton
05-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I've never been a fan of PHPAdsNew. To me, it's overly complex and bulky.

That said, I haven't checked it out since about last year.

I agree, it was always far to complicated to use for me - too many features that I would never need, and I expect most web site publishers would never need, that just made it confusing to add or change adverts

MaxS
05-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Anyone here successfully running Openads? I'm giving it another shot and there are just a few things I can't seem to figure out.

masm50
06-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I have been using it comfortably for about the last 2 years - what problems are you having?

-Tim