PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Niche

jamestl2
03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
This is my first post. I have been looking for different ways to increase web site traffic and promotion and one of the ways recommended is to find the site’s “niche”. However I am unsure of what its niche is because my site has a diverse amount of topics and information. Any help would be appreciated; my site’s URL is www.toptenlisted.com

KLB
03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
You'll need more content of some kind of substance and it should have some kind of focus. As you point out, your site doesn't target a defined niche, which is not a good thing.

A bunch of top ten lists may be an easy way to generate pages, but unless they are really funny and really original, they will not attract many visitors nor are those visitors likely to return in the future. Repeat traffic and word of mouth promotion of a site is extremely important for long term success. You can not generate good search engine placement without back links to your site from other sites, and you can not generate those links unless other people find your site interesting enough to link to it.

jamestl2
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the info. My humorist lists are pretty funny for the people that have seen them, and yes, the lists so far are originally written by me.
One of the primary features of my site is that visitors can email their own top ten lists, which I may post on my site, so would you recommend that maybe there is a way to incorporate that into the niche, such as for writers or something.

Cutter
03-10-2007, 01:36 PM
How much traffic is the site getting right now?

jamestl2
03-10-2007, 03:55 PM
How much traffic is the site getting right now?

Not much, the site is fairly new. Today, I got 66 page impressions, and 876 for all time (Which is about 2 Months)

Jenita
03-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Hi,

Niche is a directory for websites. You can place your site there and increase both your traffic and backlinks.:banana: :wave: :banana: :santasmil :goof:

affiliates7
04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
-focus content for every single web page
- more links by articles submission, posting forums select 12 forums and start posting to these related forums
- select 5/6 blogs related to your business and start posting comments avoid to spams them nd build a relationaship with their publishers.

affiliates7
04-02-2007, 12:51 AM
use your keywords as the anchor text, it is the key to rank well if you have many links.