PDA

View Full Version : Shoemoney's AuctionAds

Generalissimo
03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
An ebay based alternative to adsense? Perhaps it will work on more product orientated websites - www.auctionads.com

paul
03-07-2007, 08:08 AM
I had been having reasonable success using the Ebay editor kit, but this looks like I will be able to populate more sites quickly. The higher payouts for aggregated sales should also help.

deronsizemore
03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I am thinking about trying them out. I was going to sign up to be an ebay affiliate anyway, so why not?

Blue Cat Buxton
03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
They say

Can I run Auction Ads along with Google AdSense?

Yes, Auction Ads is not a contextually based ad product and is compatible with all other ad systems.

Is there any confirmation from Google on this?

Generalissimo
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
No, but I'd expect that they'll let it by seen as though it's products rather than a CPC thing.

Blue Cat Buxton
03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
True, I was remembering they had banned the use of other 'contexual' ad formats like amazons self optimising thingy, but then changed their minds

MaxS
03-07-2007, 01:23 PM
It's interesting. From what I understand, AuctionAds in a way found a loophole in the system -- don't you think eBay will change their terms?

paul
03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
What loophole? It looks to me like it does the same thing I was doing with the Ebay supplied editor toolkit.

Chris
03-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Google allows other contextual ads now anyways so long as they look different.

MaxS
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
What loophole? It looks to me like it does the same thing I was doing with the Ebay supplied editor toolkit.
I don't know much about it but isn't eBay's affiliate program based on a tier system -- affiliates' payout depends on their income. With AuctionAds, all affiliates are under one account so that they're collectively climbing the scale.

paul
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't know much about it but isn't eBay's affiliate program based on a tier system -- affiliates' payout depends on their income. With AuctionAds, all affiliates are under one account so that they're collectively climbing the scale.
I believe that is how he expects to profit eventually. As a group, participants would all be in a higher tier than they would be on their own, producing more profit for everyone.

Todd W
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I've been using it for a few months (before he sold it) and it's not as profitable for me as adsense. I run it on the same pages as adsense nad have been.

I can see it being nice for high ticket items or a bunch of new registrations but other htan that the eCPM is LOW the eCPC is relatively high due to the low clicks and highish payout.

rpanella
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
It's interesting. From what I understand, AuctionAds in a way found a loophole in the system -- don't you think eBay will change their terms?

Shoemoney actually worked with Ebay on this and the system has been approved by Ebay for unlimited use of their API, so they know every thing thats going on and won't be shutting it down.

Also, this program is not contextual as you must supply a keyword, so it should be compliant with any of the big contextual programs.
________
Og kush (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)

cameron
03-08-2007, 06:34 AM
I joined last night and I'm testing it on my skateboarding site.

Emancipator
03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
looks interesting, i saw this in its very early stages. How is everyone doing $$$ wise with it?

Todd W
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
I thought i'd update and let you guys know that I'm still on the "old" system where I just use auctionads to show the ads and I see the $ in CJ. The new system AuctionAds actually will pay you and you should earn more because they are on the highest tier for payouts.

How's everyone else doing?

-Todd

Emancipator
04-01-2007, 06:25 AM
im still just sitting on the sidelines watching lol.

rpanella
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I've been running a small 125x125 box in my menu for about a week now and it started off slow but earnings have been increasing every day so far, and the CTR has been much higher than I expected.

With the ebay program, earnings really snowball since they use 30 days cookies, plus you don't get paid til after the auction ends, and those can last up to 10 days or something.
________
CLEAR TRICHOMES (http://trichomes.org)

MaxS
04-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Russell, if you don't mind me asking, what type of website are you running it on?

5starAffiliates
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
In case you did'nt know Ebay has had tracking problems for a LONG time,
so if you see a dip in your AuctionAds stats, that's why.

Ebay will make it up to everyone once the tracking is fixed
then the changes should come through to you on AuctionAds.
It's a cool system!

rpanella
04-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Russell, if you don't mind me asking, what type of website are you running it on?

It is a general entertainment type site. I used to run Amazon ads in the place where I had AuctionAds. I actually took AuctionAds down a couple days ago, due to the problems they were having with the ebay tracking, which caused my revenue to drop to almost nothing. Before, it was earning more than the Amazon links, so if this gets sorted out and I receive a correction I will probably run it again.
________
Sc2 replays (http://screplays.com/)

john190
06-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I joined them around 5 days ago. So far I have produced 4 clicks and no sales. It is a low traffic site that I am testing them on, so that's the reason for the low clicks.

I will be leaving them on for about 2 - 3 months and then see whether they are worth keeping up or not.