PDA

View Full Version : Google Personalized homepage?

deronsizemore
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Anyone else use Google Personalized page as their homepage?

Just started messing around with it today, but it seems pretty cool all the "gadgets" that you can add.

Johnny Gulag
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I have tried it, but I do not have it set as my homepage currently. I have Google Reader as my homepage. :)

deronsizemore
03-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I have tried it, but I do not have it set as my homepage currently. I have Google Reader as my homepage. :)

Google reader is one of the gadgets that you can add to the personalized part. For example I've got a sports, news, weather, to-do list, maps/directions, calendar, and reader gadget as my homepage right now.

Todd W
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I use a personalized google page as my homepage I lvoe it :)

My fav. tool is interest rate calculator.

deronsizemore
03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Hadn't seen the interest rate calc yet...I'll check it out.

One thing that is really starting to get on my nerves is that it seems to log me out for no apparent reason at random times when I close my browser. One time I'll close FF and go back in and I'm logged in still...others I'm logged out and need to log in to view my personalized page. Really pissing me off. I've deleted cookies and everything it says to do in the troubleshooting but still can't get it figured out.

Mike
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I have it on a computer at home. It's a nifty concept how you can move everything round and all the different news sources you can grab from. I didn't even know about Google Reader before it was mentioned here though, what a great idea that is...

rpanella
03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I have used it for a while now and find it very useful since I use Gmail and Google Reader. Along with those widgets I find it useful for things like local weather and news that I would normally not bother checking.
________
WHITE WIDOW SEEDS (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

MaxS
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Yea, I use it. It's pretty neat (mainly because I can syndicate a bunch of blogs).

jamestl2
04-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I tried it but didn't like it too much, however I do have Google set as my browsers home page.

oolong
04-26-2007, 12:16 AM
I use it as homepage,gmail listing is my fav/.

Todd W
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I've got a bunch of blog feeds, weather, calculators, current IP, gmail and a few others... you can use tabs to add more too :) I have a tab called "TOOLS" its nice.