PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate programs for a golf site?

deronsizemore
02-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I know I can ask my account rep these questions, but I figured I'd ask here for the sake of discussion.

What kind of affiliate offers do you think would/could work well with a golf related site? I've seen some things like Netflix, etc on Azoogle but haven't really dug into a lot of them yet.

I thought about joining Amazon's affiliate program and having some golf books listed on the site. There are obviously the golf offers for clubs, etc on CJ but I didn't know if there would be some others that might do well?

Mike
02-24-2007, 01:18 PM
As I play golf myself I'd say Ebay would do quite well. The clubs that are listed on the CJ sites are normally quite expensive, and a lot of the time there aren't that many big brands about.

If I am going to buy a club off the internet, it's always from Ebay. I could go to one of the big online shops, but what would be the point when I could pay the same amount on the high street and get to have a feel of the club at the same time?

A lot of people buy clubs from Ebay, and a lot of club professionals are putting some of there stock their to supplement their income from their offline shop. Most of the products are brand new and nearly all are made by brands that people want.

It may not be the most glamorous program, but from a personal point of view I'd always shop for clubs on Ebay if I was buying from the internet (as do a lot of people I know).

I'm not that familiar with golf offers for books etc, so I'd just recommend Amazon. If people are after books to improve their game, they want to see if that book helped others. I'd imagine that Amazon would have a bigger range of customer reviews than most other sites, so I'd say they'd be most suitable.

deronsizemore
02-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Do you have any experience with ebay's affiliate offers? Would I be able to specify what brand of clubs I wanted to show up on my site? If so, might be a good idea to check into cause I really wouldn't want clones and knock off clubs offered on the site.

rpanella
02-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I think they allow you to specify keywords and then auctions that match those keywords will show up in your ad.
________
Honda Cd175 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CD175)

Mike
02-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Yeah, like Russell says you could probably specify keywords. It would be best to type the exact names of brands, eg "Mizuno MX 23 irons" instead of just "golf clubs". If you did the latter, you may be presented with knock offs etc.

Perhaps find the most popular clubs that month (through magazines etc), and list the ebay ads for them on your site.

deronsizemore
02-25-2007, 08:51 AM
I think they allow you to specify keywords and then auctions that match those keywords will show up in your ad.

Thank you!

Yeah, like Russell says you could probably specify keywords. It would be best to type the exact names of brands, eg "Mizuno MX 23 irons" instead of just "golf clubs". If you did the latter, you may be presented with knock offs etc.

Perhaps find the most popular clubs that month (through magazines etc), and list the ebay ads for them on your site.

Good deal. Good idea also with finding the most popular stuff for that period of time and just typing those keywords in.

Thanks

rpanella
03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Also, there used to be a program called ShoemoneyAds that specifically showed ebay ads. I never used it but I believe a few members here have and I've heard good things about it. It closed down for now but they are about to be launching it as a full on ad network called auctionads.com. Should be out within a week so you might want to check that out.
________
Drug testing (http://drugtestingkit.org)