PDA

View Full Version : Article Ideas

Chris
06-03-2003, 10:38 AM
What would you like to see?

A couple ideas I have are:

1. Promoting Through Popups - Explanation of how running your own popups can draw attention to things like your newsletter signup. Explains how to limit them with cookies. It'd be very short though.

2. The Google Dance - Explain what the Google Dance is, how Google updates, what Google's datacenters are, etc. The downside is it might be obsolete in a month so I'd rather wait on this one.

3. Content & Commerce - The Perfect Partnership - more or less an editorial article covering topics already covered elsewhere but with a different tone. It would probably be a good read but the information can be found elsewhere on this site.

johnn
06-03-2003, 12:30 PM
I would like to see them all. Promoting with popup with flash probably is more attractive.

About ecommerce and content - once people like and want to buy something, one thing on their minds is trust, I think - if the sites are so new and they don't know the owners well, they may have second thought, and how to make people to trust the site is important - My 2 cents.

Percept
06-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I was going to say number 2 but Johnn has a point , why not write them all with some time in between ?

Chris
06-03-2003, 06:27 PM
I could write them all...

I will definitely wait on the Google one though.

Mike
06-04-2003, 07:53 AM
3 sounds good to me...

walt
06-06-2003, 12:22 PM
How about some articles that use cbswords.com as an ecommerce case study.

Niche shopping carts sound like the way to go for a small time operator. And, it would be interesting to see if you're going it use the 'Content & commerce' tandem with this particular endeavor.

A comparison of results with and without a content component would be outstanding.

Chris
06-06-2003, 12:38 PM
That is a possibility for the future... but since I just launched that site I won't have the material needed to write it for a couple months atleast.

Mike
06-06-2003, 12:53 PM
I like the latest article about content and commerce...

Chris
06-07-2003, 06:24 AM
I also need to write a review on OScommerce

walt
06-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Chris
I also need to write a review on OScommerce

If you do, you might give nod to ossuite (http://www.ossuite.org/)

It's an integration of oscommerce with Nola, a full featured ERP program. There's also a CRM module in the works.

It goes a long way toward having complete online business; cart,accounting,inventory management, the works.

I installed it and it seems to work just fine.

Chris
06-20-2003, 07:42 AM
some other ideas I have

Reviews on Befree, CJ, Linkshare

Article on P3P

Mike
06-22-2003, 02:11 AM
Please could you do a review on Kanoodle and Ah-ha? I am thinking of joining something like these, and them two seem the cheapest.

incka
08-23-2003, 05:25 AM
Ah-ha... they did some good music...

I think they did a James Bond theme tune... but this is not the site to review them on...

Can you review tradedoubler as well... It's a big european one.