PDA

View Full Version : Case Studies

Chris
02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I was thinking it might be fun to do some forum case studies. We'd find some people with bad websites in need of some optimizations. There would be a submission process. We'd do a panel of experts out of the publisher's club to do a site review & offer advice (not unlike the Forbes Small Business Makeover articles every month). Then we'd follow up in a few months to see how they are doing and write up an article about it.

Should be some good linkbait I think, and we'd be providing a service. What does everyone think?

s2kinteg916
02-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Where can i submit ? Just kidding... sounds like a great idea... forums are one of the hardest to start... i manage to build one and sold it off for financial reasons but the experience was definately worthwhile...

Blue Cat Buxton
02-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Good idea

deronsizemore
02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a plan. Since I know I wont be on the "panel of experts", maybe I can submit one of my sites for review. lol

MaxS
02-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Sounds great. If this every happens, I'd love to submit one of my websites.

Free consulting? Why not?

:)

i_buy_urtraffic
02-16-2007, 04:36 PM
It would be cool to see the ongoing progress....and who couldn't use a little link bait as payment?:flare:

rpanella
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I think its a great idea. I've found the best way to learn is to try things yourself and see what works and what doesn't, and case studies are as close to that as you can get without actually doing it yourself.

I would say you should let the panel of experts (or even everyone) vote on which site should be done after all the nominations are received.
________
GM FOODS (http://gmfoods.info/)

michael_gersitz
02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I would love to help out with my short little tidbits and posts that make no sense. I am in.. as long as ToddW isn't allowed to post after me.

mark1
02-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Good, good, I'm about to lunch a new digital camera site (man, I spent the last 3 months writing tutorials and reviews, my back is killing me...).

But it's completely in Italian, so you guys must learn a new language, and you can thank me later... :brow:

No really ... neat idea, I see potential!

Nico
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Sounds great! But why just forums case studies? It would interesting to see that with normal sites or blogs also.

Erin
02-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it's a nice idea. I'd be willing to help out if my forum could benefit as well. :) Actually, I kinda know what I need to do with my own forum, but getting involved with something would keep me motivated to actually do it.

But that could be a problem--what if the people didn't take our advice? All of our time could be wasted...

But why not add tips about how to generate traffic and increase revenue as well? I bet that would be an even bigger hit. And of course if someone wants to sell services to SEO/optimize, etc., there's another revenue stream.

mobilebadboy
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
This idea goes over well in Revenue magazine. Each issue they do a makeover.

I can imagine anyone would be willing to accept help on their site if it's needed.

AmbulanceBlues
02-17-2007, 08:26 PM
The way I read it, he's referring to case studies about web sites, done in this forum. I don't think it's limited to reviewing forums.

Chris, did I get that right?

Chris
02-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes.

Johnny Gulag
02-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a cool idea to me. :)

fredarn
02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a Great idea :)
I for one would love to submit my site (truemoneymaker.net) to this 'contest'.

agua
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Good idea - I'll prepare a list of all my sites :)