PDA

View Full Version : New Product Name change

izwar
02-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Hello im confused about something.

We have been selling a weight loss supplement online for quite some time, it has not been doing that good we get to the current site about 1500 unique visitors a month. Site has a pr4 and gets its traffic from SE's. Has some good aged links.

We are doing a new product launch, basically the same product but with a brand new name, domain, label and website. Now what should i do,

should i just scrap the old website, and 301 redirect it to the new product website and eventually lose all its rankings and traffic ORR

should i keep the old site up and somehow try to feed traffic over to the new site? or inform them how the product has changed.... i honestly dont know what to do, and would much appreciate advice. Thank you.

Chris
02-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Why can't you sell the new product on the old site?

izwar
02-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Because the old site is basicly branded with one product, www.diethin.com, so i dont know if that would make sense.

SandDancer
04-08-2007, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't scrap the old site, you've probably spent a lot of time and effort on it. I would just add an advertisement saying something like "have you seen what's new from our sister site?". I suppose as time marches on and you come to build up traffic to the new site, you could review the situation every 3 months or so. When you do this, you could also look into the possibility of selling the "old" site. There is certainly a market for ones with Pr and traffic.

Good luck with whatever you decide