PDA

View Full Version : advice on adwords, whats the best way?

Cloughie
12-29-2003, 04:22 AM
HI everyone,

I hope you are all having a good holiday.

I was after some advice actually on google adwords. I am going to set up a google adwords account today and would like some advice on how to advertise to maximize my ROI.

I have 4 products. You can see these at www.atlargenutrition.com

Some questions:

Should I set up a general “At Large Nutrition” message on adwords? I.e “Your number one choice for nutritional Supplements”

Should I set up a message for EACH product? Should I test it out on 1 or 2? If I do should I drop the general one?

I am running a special in January on a product, should I advertise that? Or should I save that for when they hit the product page?

How much would you think would be a good amount to bid on a keyword?

What do you think I should spend a month on it? I was thinking about 100 bucks? See what ROI I get?

Look forward to your help and experiences with google adwords!

Cheers

Daniel

ozgression
12-29-2003, 04:34 PM
Whatever you do, put the price of the product in your ad. That way it will limit the clicks you receive to people who are really interested. It will save you cash and improve your roi.
________
buy vapormatic (http://www.vaporshop.com/vapormatic-vaporizer.html)

Cloughie
12-30-2003, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the tip.

No more tips or answers to my questions? I really want to maximize this from day 1.

Mike
12-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Tip - don't blow your money on just a few clicks. Keep your CPC as low as possible, don't put it as $1 or something just to compete with the top guys. Put it low and get a few sales, before making it higher when you can afford to.

r2d2
01-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Cloughie

Should I set up a general “At Large Nutrition” message on adwords? I.e “Your number one choice for nutritional Supplements”

Should I set up a message for EACH product? Should I test it out on 1 or 2? If I do should I drop the general one?

What you need to do is test each option, see which works best - my guess is an ad for each product would work better.

How much would you think would be a good amount to bid on a keyword?

Depends on the competition! I reckon about $0.20? somewhere in the top 5 i think is best, you dont need to be the first or second ad.

What do you think I should spend a month on it? I was thinking about 100 bucks? See what ROI I get?

If you can afford that, cool! Just see how its going everyday and change it if you need to.

From my experience, the main problem I had was getting enough clicks to satisfy the minimum clickthru rate. Dont think the URL was any good though, back again now with a new domain name :) Gonna get back on Adwords soon.

Mike
01-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I was getting enough clicks, just not enough sales from the clicks:)