PDA

View Full Version : Google Ads?

Prince
12-28-2003, 12:23 PM
Okay, I decided to try these things out, I have them on my forums displaying only to visitors that are not logged in and/or registered on my board....

why don't the Google Ads pertain to the content of my site? My forums have aorund 18,000 pages listed in Google, so it should know the type of content on the site. Right?

how do I make the Google ads display relevant ads to my site?

emke
12-28-2003, 12:35 PM
When did you put the ads on the forums? It can take a couple of days for Google to spider the site so the relevant ads begin showing up.

That's the only thing I can think of...

Shawn
12-28-2003, 12:47 PM
emke, I PMed you.

Prince
12-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by emke
When did you put the ads on the forums? It can take a couple of days for Google to spider the site so the relevant ads begin showing up.

That's the only thing I can think of...

as I said in the above post, my site has around 18,000 pages listed in Google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+site:www.ironmagazineforums.com+ironmagazine

emke
12-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Prince
as I said in the above post, my site has around 18,000 pages listed in Google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+site:www.ironmagazineforums.com+ironmagazine

It needs to index your pages after you've put the ads on.

chromate
12-28-2003, 04:05 PM
The spider used to crawl your site in order to get it indexed is not the same as the spider that will crawl it to target the ads.

You have to wait for each one of those 18,000 pages to be re-crawled by the google's mediapartner spider before the ads become "on-topic".

emke
12-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by chromate
The spider used to crawl your site in order to get it indexed is not the same as the spider that will crawl it to target the ads.

You have to wait for each one of those 18,000 pages to be re-crawled by the google's mediapartner spider before the ads become "on-topic".

exactly. google bot and media partners aren't the same thing.

chromate, I sent you a pm. Could you please read it?

john190
01-08-2004, 10:10 AM
The Google bot and the Adsense bot are two different robots. If you have your site listed in Google then your site still needs to be crawled by the Adsense bot.

As your Adsense ads are not all that targeted to your site, it could be caused by what people are writing within the posts. This is because other than the information that you have added to the page, Google Adsense is also likely to pull the information that your members have written within the posts of each thread, when considering what your site is about.

If some of your members write posts that starts going of topic or some of them start to go on about a lot of rubbish, then your ads shown on that page are likely to be untargeted.

If this is the problem or not, i'm not sure as it's only a thought.