PDA

View Full Version : Core Dumps

Todd W
02-04-2007, 03:51 PM
I recently recoded a site and am getting core dumps now approx 15 to 17mb dumps :(

I can't seem to find out why can anyone tell me a good way to debug php core dumps?

Thanks
-Todd

Todd W
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I got to thinking... could it be my new server?

I just got one yesterday got everyting all installed and moved a couple sites over to test... modified the sites code and set them live and now this.

HMMMM Can the server cause it?

-Todd

Chris
02-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Definitely. check your server error logs.

Todd W
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
(gdb) core core.22206
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/php index.php'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00a3cdcd in ?? ()

Hmm that doesn't help...

Todd W
02-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I went back to stable code I use on my other server and it too is causing seg. faults.

I have submitted ticket to my server host and am having them investigate the server and hardware since it works fine elsewhere :flare:

Chris
02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I was getting a lot of segmentation faults, had to replace out the ram. Ram is a big cause of it.

Also then too I had problems with apache and a version of a caching module.

Todd W
02-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I was getting a lot of segmentation faults, had to replace out the ram. Ram is a big cause of it.

Also then too I had problems with apache and a version of a caching module.

Hardware just came back as "OK". They took it offline for approx. 2hrs and ran it through tests.

Now I'm going to have to go through apache modules... I'm thinking it may be gzip, I installed it in WHM and I think I should have done it myself in SSH.

This new server is @ SoftLayer and for $3.00 (yes 3) they will look into 1 problem for me :) Well worth it than me spending 10hrs.

Todd W
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Well it ran all night and no more core dumps... so I'm kind of curious WHAT they did when they checked the hardware... They could have just put my HD in another system I guess since it's working now :idea:

OR

It could have been because I re-moved gzip from WHM apache build and installed it manaully.

One of those two things and it's fixed :ladysman: