PDA

View Full Version : Losing track ... sad but true

Apollo
12-28-2003, 03:41 AM
I have a domain name made up of two keywords (no hyphen) that I have just set up and I am trying out some logos for it that I had displaying on the index page.

I entered the name in the address bar and instead of my site I was taken to one of those directory pages that registrars display if you haven't set up your site.

I thought I must have done a typo on the domain name so I tried again and went to the directory again. I started to panic by this time because I thought someone had stolen my domain name.

I entered it again and just as the directory was coming up I realised I was entering the wrong name. I was entering a different first keyword with the same last keyword that made up another name that I was thinking of buying.

So the panic now turned to dread as I thought I had missed the opportunity to buy this name and it would join the pantheon of names that had just got away and which in their absence fill my mind way out of proportion to their importance.

So I checked the whois and as I scrolled down I saw the registration date: 17-Dec-2003.

In a split second I was really in dread and hoped that this loss would not come back to haunt me and that the buyer would not overpower my domain with his own site and variation on the keyword or just make megabucks out of it anyway.

Then as I scrolled down further I saw who had bought it.

Can you guess who it was?

Yeah ... it was me.

I have no memory of it though. Losing it big time.

incka
12-28-2003, 05:04 AM
LOL...

So what is this site's domain?

Mike
12-28-2003, 05:31 AM
Are you joking?:p

incka
12-28-2003, 05:32 AM
I was ROFL at that :D

Percept
12-30-2003, 11:50 AM