PDA

View Full Version : Oh customers

Chris
01-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I had some funny messages on my machine this morning. This guy was livid, possibly drunk, and demanded that I send him a free scabbard for his sword. He said 9-4 (my phone hours) wouldn't cut it, blah blah.

Then he calls right back and changes his mind, says he wants a free sword and a free scabbard, and we have a problem we need to take on 1 on 1. And he wants it by next Tuesday... "No, wait, I changed my mind, I demand it by tommorow, so get fedex off their *** and get it to me..."

The punchline is of course that he has never been a customer of mine and we don't even sell the item he has a problem with.

deronsizemore
01-30-2007, 11:15 AM
lol...gotta love customers. When I worked at T-Mobile as a sales rep you can only imagine some of the stuff I heard.

stymiee
01-30-2007, 11:20 AM
This reminds me of my days in retail. No matter how stressed I get coding I never miss it.

deronsizemore
01-30-2007, 11:26 AM
This reminds me of my days in retail. No matter how stressed I get coding I never miss it.

lol...you're right. I don't think I'd wish a retail job on anyone.

KLB
01-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I used to work in Yellowstone National Park at the Old Faithful Inn in the accounting office behind the front desk and I kid you not. One day some tourist who was on a tight schedule wanted to know when the next time the Old Faithful Geyser was going to erupt. Now this is a natural phenomenon so they aren't really scheduled but only predicted as nature "decides" when it is going to erupt. Well this lady wasn't happy with the predicted eruption time and insisted that the front desk clerk push the eruption time up. When the poor clerk tried to explain that it was a natural event and no one could control it, the lady got irate and told the clerk that she knew we had a button behind the front desk that controlled the geyser and our schedule was completely unreasonable.

Sometimes I really hate customers especially when they aren't really customers.

deronsizemore
01-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I used to work in Yellowstone National Park at the Old Faithful Inn in the accounting office behind the front desk and I kid you not. One day some tourist who was on a tight schedule wanted to know when the next time the Old Faithful Geyser was going to erupt. Now this is a natural phenomenon so they aren't really scheduled but only predicted as nature "decides" when it is going to erupt. Well this lady wasn't happy with the predicted eruption time and insisted that the front desk clerk push the eruption time up. When the poor clerk tried to explain that it was a natural event and no one could control it, the lady got irate and told the clerk that she knew we had a button behind the front desk that controlled the geyser and our schedule was completely unreasonable.

Sometimes I really hate customers especially when they aren't really customers.

With people like that, that's when you just tell them it's an I-D-10-T error and that things should be working again soon. :)

mobilebadboy
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank you, KLB. I seriously laughed my *** off at that.

Last time I was at O.F. I kept my ear near the rangers, some of the questions people came up to them with were priceless. Kept me amused for some time. One I remember was to the affect of "what time do you turn it off at night?"

Glad I don't deal with customers anymore. I've had 2 jobs previous that required I deal with them, and that's why I no longer work those jobs and only answer to a few merchants who never bother me.

KLB
01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
The really funny thing about the Old Faithful Geyser is that it is not very faithful and at least when I was there it was one of the hardest of the predictable geysers to predict. There were predictable geysers that were taller than it and geysers that were much more predictable, but because of its name and the fact that some hotel operator decided to build the Old Faithful Inn right next to it it became the most famous of the geysers. Worse yet because of its name everyone thinks that it erupts every hour on the hour, which is so far from the case. Predicting it was really a black art that was part statistical analysis part gut instinct.

demosfen
02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Customer: Hi, can you tell me where my order is?
Me: Sure. What did you order?
Customer: You already charged my credit card and you don't know what I ordered??

Cutter
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
That sounds like a clip that belongs on digg

AmbulanceBlues
02-02-2007, 08:30 PM
So does that mean you're not sending my sword (AND SCABBARD!)?