PDA

View Full Version : Free hosting strategy

charlesgan
01-29-2007, 07:26 AM
(seem like its the right place to post this here)

i am very new to free hosting service, and its a very tricky business as i seen. Here is what i 'planning'
(not promoting myself, i not yet have this service)...

"100MB of free hosting space, 1GB bandwidth, cpanel, fantastico, pop email, Mysql, PHP for sure, etc etc. But, with ads on footer, no other ads, no forum posting. Will this free hosting be attractive enough?

...and As per your experience or opinion, how many signup will i gain per mth??

Chris
01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't know of anyone here who has run a free host. Seems to be an exercise in futility. Low income, hard to compete with bigger companies, huge liabilities.

mishytka
03-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I don't think you'll gain much profit from it.

noe
06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't think you'll gain much profit from it.

I agree

Xander
06-04-2007, 02:39 PM
When I originally saw this thread, I thought the same as Chris. But having seen several niche free webhosts I think it can be indirectly profitable if done right, otherwise you end up competiting with large/established companies which makes it a lot more difficult.

AndyH
06-04-2007, 04:43 PM
So many free web hosting companies have come and gone. I think the same is going to happen to yours unless you are doing something totally new.

Xander
06-05-2007, 12:30 AM
So many free web hosting companies have come and gone. I think the same is going to happen to yours unless you are doing something totally new.

New free webhosts start ups are just like many other sites which get launched without much research. They usually end up being overloaded with spam or abused by a few people.

webhostingfast
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
New free webhosts start ups are just like many other sites which get launched without much research. They usually end up being overloaded with spam or abused by a few people.

I agree. If you offer free host service it'll easily become another shelter for spam sign-ups..