PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use PayPal PRO?

GeorgeB
01-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Anyone use paypal pro https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside

To sell items on their site? It allows you to accept credit cards directly on your site for $20 a month.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with it?

EBelmontinc
01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Well On My Newest Website Im Using Alertpay.com And 2checkout

stymiee
01-26-2007, 12:20 PM
It's more or less comparable to a true merchant account and gateway. If you are considering it you should also price out true merchant accounts as they may cost you less and give you more control over your account.

Todd W
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
It's more or less comparable to a true merchant account and gateway. If you are considering it you should also price out true merchant accounts as they may cost you less and give you more control over your account.

A customer of mine uses Verisign (now paypal) Payflow Pro which is a "true" gateway that works with the eComerce store software. Realistically once you get the gateway/merchant accnt. setup you don't think about them until you have to deal with one for chargeback resolution.

Have you checked google checkout out? I'll be using Google Checkout and PayPal (business not pro) on my new site. I don't think I'm going to setup anything else.

chrisranjana.com
02-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Yes in paypal pro if the customer chooses to pay using credit card option and not using his paypal account, then the customer would never have to leave your website at all.

brucet
06-06-2007, 02:28 AM
A number of our customers are using it, I can't say I have heard any specific feedback, but I've not heard any complaints.

apthost01
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
PayPal Pro isn't bad but due to the limitations of our billing system we use Authorize.net

chrisranjana.com
06-18-2007, 03:36 AM
We have installed and integrated paypal pro for a number of our clients and all of them are quite happy :)