PDA

View Full Version : MarketBanker info?

Shawn
12-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, I signed up for MarketBanker.

I'm charging $15 for 15 days on my site and $25 for a 30 days link. If I get a good response with this, I'll increase the rate.

How long did it take for you to your first MarketBanker site to advertise with you? How much are you charging? Has it been pretty successful for you?

lo0ol
12-25-2003, 11:34 PM
I've been happy with MB. Been with them for about half a year now. I've been lucky to have a few advertisers stick with me and run ads on my site for the past 4-5 months straight.

There's two ways to get advertisers- from your site, and from the directory @ MB. Personally, because I have a high traffic site, I'm able to get in the top 20 sites on their directory, so I can get a lot of advertisers that way. A good listing on the directory is good because a whole bunch of advertisers use that just for the sole purpose of finding places to advertise.

The other way, linking from your site, has been alright for me, but not so successful as just from MB's directory. I have it linked from my media kit and I run those "click to advertise here" thingies on my pages.

A good idea to try out might be to go dirt cheap on your sites for the first few weeks, maybe use the special discount feature for some deals and such. That way you build up advertisers, and if they have a good experience with you, they'll have a far better chance of sticking with you.