PDA

View Full Version : Adsense Turning Into Adbrite?

michael_gersitz
01-23-2007, 11:23 PM
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=47413&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-asui&medium=link

Sorry for the long URL... Basically.. You can set up a channel on your site and advertisers can select it if they want there ad there..

polspoel
01-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Oooh I love it, thanks for this.

GeorgeB
01-24-2007, 09:47 AM
You think this is a bad thing?

michael_gersitz
01-24-2007, 12:47 PM
It is a bad thing if I make less money. I don't have an opinion on it yet really though.

Cutter
01-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Very nice, its horrible trying to buy site-targetted ads when you are only interested in a single section

Erin
01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Anybody have a screenshot of one of these ads? It'd be interesting to see what the wording is. I had to read that info twice to figure out what they were saying, but a picture would make it much clearer.

michael_gersitz
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
I still haven't figured this out. Will it make the money we make go down. Since instead of having to bid on keywords for an entire network, advertisers will just pump up bids on sites that will forward only 100% relevant traffic? and not spend money trying to win that keyword over the entire content network...

KLB
01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I think this will become a great feature as advertisers and publishers start to take advantage of it. I already had a very comprehensive and systematic approach to my channels (e.g. ad position and section of site) so it was easy to take advantage of the tuning.

I imagine that on good sites this will eventually become a very profitable new feature as advertisers start to zero in on the good sites.