PDA

View Full Version : Email Promotion

MaxS
01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
What do you guys think about sending mass emails? For either

1. Promotion of the site they registered on.
2. Cross promotion (other, similar sites).
3. Promoting affiliate offers.

I have around 15,000 email addresses of registered users on a few of my websites -- I'm wondering what I'm missing out on by not utilizing them?

Also, how would one go about doing so? What sort of legalities should I keep in mind?

Thanks

polspoel
01-23-2007, 01:23 AM
- Have you asked them if they wanted to sign up to your "newsletter" during registration? (I think not)
- Do you have a double opt-in (email activation link)

It's best to go through a third party (I forgot the name) since they will usually have a relationship with hotmail/yahoo/etc.. to let the email through. Otherwise it takes just 1 email to end up on some kind of spam list.

MaxS
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
- Well, not directly. I did not mention a 'newsletter'. By registering, they agree to our privacy policy which states:

If you register with our site, from time to time we may e-mail you with messages about our services or third party products and services we believe may of interest to you.
- No, I don't have any email management system in place. I simply have a DB with the emails.

Can you suggest a service?

Cutter
01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Uh, make sure you are following CAN SPAM.

MaxS
01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Of course. That's what I intend to do, hence why I'm asking here for advice.

affiliates7
02-15-2007, 01:31 AM
- before you began to promote any think try to build a relationship with them and use service such as getresponse or buy mailloop 7.0
- free course or send to them news then track every email to refine your data base.(mailloop can help you).

Muggle
03-17-2007, 04:12 AM
Have a look at benchmarkemail.com services, they seem to be highly recommended.