PDA

View Full Version : I need tips for getting visitors to sign up

Lemonade
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
We've upgraded our website to include a forum and still getting our loyal visitors, but none are signing up. We're thinking of creating a why to sign up article/post/thing. What things should we include in the article and any other suggestions. PS the site is Jasonthenerd.com (http://jasonthenerd.com/) Thanks in advanced!

Chris
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
You need to draw visitors into the forum by mentioning individual forum threads on your homepage and in articles.

GeorgeB
01-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Tie the forums into the blog. You need a way to make comments on the articles appear in teh forums or force them to register in the forums to post

Lemonade
01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
the site doesn't have a blog, but we will try and tie the forums to other parts of the site. Thanks again!

polspoel
01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Your articles should have a commenting area, I don't see a reason to sign up if I only read the articles.

Mike
01-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Is there such a hack that allows people's comments from a blog/article, appearing on the forum? If there is, that would be a brilliant way to build the forum. The posters wouldn't feel like they're talking to nobody (as they think they're just posting a comment to an article), and when others go to the forum they'll see it as quite busy and may sign up.

I think this was talked about in another thread as well though.

Lemonade
01-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Wait I lied we just added a blog

michael_gersitz
01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Yea, adding comments like that is simple. Grab comments via rss and feed them into the forum.