PDA

View Full Version : How are the blue links at the bottom of the page....easily read?

deronsizemore
01-20-2007, 09:44 PM
www.kentuckygolfing.com

Just want to make sure the darker background color combined with the blue links isn't hendering anyones ability to read what's there.

What do you think?

mobilebadboy
01-20-2007, 10:10 PM
They're a tad dark for me, but I can read them for all intents and purposes.

James
01-20-2007, 11:39 PM
If you noticed it enough to ask, then you know you should change it. If just to lower eye strain.

polspoel
01-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Yep, you should change it.

deronsizemore
01-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks everyone.

I made the background color a little darker and I believe it's more easily read than before.

Thoughts now?

Johnny Gulag
01-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I guess I am getting in on the newer version, but I like it. That blue looks good with that background color.

deronsizemore
01-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I guess I am getting in on the newer version, but I like it. That blue looks good with that background color.

Thanks Ben. I liked it too but I always like other opinions also...everyone sees things differently.

Yes, you are getting the updated version. I wasn't thinking, I guess I should have posted screen shots of each.

ses5909
01-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Just pulled it up and it looks good from where im sitting.

Erin
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
It's readable, but not immediately so. It took me a split second to realize that there was text there.

Also, the dark colors at the bottom make it look like a gamers' site.

fredarn
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I really like the design!

But the links on the bottom are orange now, i think thats looks good... (haven't seen the blue ones..)

GeorgeB
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Seems like an easy solution to me. Make them green to match your logo..

but what do I know :)

Erin
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh, you're talking about the Halloween links at the bottom? I didn't even look at those.

Might want to correct this typo:

Pricacy Policy

GeorgeB
01-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Good catch.

deronsizemore
01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
It's readable, but not immediately so. It took me a split second to realize that there was text there.

Also, the dark colors at the bottom make it look like a gamers' site.

Hmmm...never thought about it looking like a gamers' site.

I really like the design!

But the links on the bottom are orange now, i think thats looks good... (haven't seen the blue ones..)

Yeah the footer links are orange now, but in the original post I more or less meant the "recent forum topics" links that are in blue. Just wanted to make sure those (as well as the footer links which used to be blue until a few about an hour ago) links were easily read. I think they are now.

Seems like an easy solution to me. Make them green to match your logo..

but what do I know :)

hmmm...that seems like an obvious answer. I didn't really like the forum posts in green, but I think the footer links in green look good.

James
01-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah the big black block seems out-of-place in general.

agua
01-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Deron - have you still got a copy of your old design?

I'd like to compare the two, because from memory I think you had it pretty much spot on with the old design.

deronsizemore
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Deron - have you still got a copy of your old design?

I'd like to compare the two, because from memory I think you had it pretty much spot on with the old design.

Yeah I still have a copy of it locally. The only thing is that the old design really wasn't coded the best it could be. I had a lot of things that really could have been designed better, plus I started trying to integrate the site with TextPattern but decided to go with Expression Engine instead and the old design had all kind of TextPattern template code and CSS code exclusively for textpattern elements and it would have been a mess trying to go through and clean all that up.

I actually like this design I have currently...I agree that I could maybe find a better color for the black footer area at the bottom I just don't know what that is yet.

agua
01-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Fair enough... how about making the block at the bottom green, the same green as whats in the logo... maybe using a background image with a subtle gradient (like the nav bar).

You'd have to change your text an link colors in the box though

deronsizemore
01-22-2007, 05:22 AM
how about making the block at the bottom green, the same green as whats in the logo... maybe using a background image with a subtle gradient (like the nav bar).

You'd have to change your text an link colors in the box though

Yeah, that could work. I'll give it a go and see how it looks.

GeorgeB
01-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Gradients are the cornerstone of web 2.0ness :D