PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend building backlinks?

Farmer77
01-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Do you spend a lot or a little bit of your time accumulating backlinks? Or do you stop building backlinks after you have reached a certain amount?

James
01-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Never stop building backlinks. You should try to find whatever balance suits you best between backlink building and building content/improving your site--just remember that they're very important and the more and the more quality you can get, the better.

polspoel
01-20-2007, 02:03 AM
I do it the first week, then never again. (I do make sure to have an automated directory script and stuff like that)

Ofcourse, social media is done all the time (digg, etc.)

Mike
01-20-2007, 02:44 AM
I've just started and I'm trying to get about six backlinks a month for each site. It will mean a steady increase, so shouldn't trigger any penalties or anything (if there are any that is).

Chris
01-20-2007, 06:47 AM
I do it a lot less now than when I first started out. Instead I focus more on trying to get them naturally.

Todd W
01-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I do it a lot less now than when I first started out. Instead I focus more on trying to get them naturally.

Same here.

Quality content/unique will bring in bunches of backlinks.

I recently wrote a VERY small guide to save a few bucks and it was what I used to "launch" my new site, and it has given me 100 visits a day for almost a month now from that single article. It got me into the SERPs, etc.

Unique quality articles/write-ups are worth a lot. :)

KelliShaver
01-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Since both of my main content sites right now are tutorial sites, I submit new content to the various tutorial directories. It takes about 10min per article. I only need to submit to the major directories. The smaller ones will pick them up from there (though it may take a bit longer than actually submitting them to all of them yourself, it's really not worth the effort to do so for the amount of traffic the smaller sites bring).

Johnny Gulag
01-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I do not spend very much time on backlinks. I probably should, but I just wait until someone links to it on their own.

GeorgeB
01-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I do it a lot less now than when I first started out. Instead I focus more on trying to get them naturally.What do you yourself do to gain natural backlinks?

ozgression
01-20-2007, 06:17 PM
What do you yourself do to gain natural backlinks?

I'm guessing he'll say "write content that people want to link to". ;)

fredarn
01-20-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah, "content is king".

newdeveloper
01-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Considering that I am working on my first site right now, I do not have any sites of my own to link to. Right now I am spending lots of time building backlinks because nobody will every find my page unless I get a few and a dmoz listing.

ZigE
01-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Lately, alot of time. If theres one thing I know is that my competitor outsources the management of his website, and seldom spends time on link building, so I'll just keep working at it, until I can outrank them :flare: :lol: