PDA

View Full Version : I could use some advice

ceojuliej
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I have a few questions that I can't seem to get answered anywhere and perhaps they are just so simple that I am missing it.

I want to create a new web page using Front Page, BUT I need to make sure that this program will allow me to use google site map and optimization because I need to get page ranking. Will I be able to use yahoo site map?

I have heard that by using PC programs, googles and the others won't crawl it as well. Is this true?

DMOZ has not worked for 3 months so I can't submit my site. Does anyone aware of this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated!
Julie

deronsizemore
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Unless I'm mistaken you don't even need to use google site map at all to get a page rank.

Frontpage would be fine though...when using the google site maps, I don't think it has anything to do with what program you used to develop the site. I've never used them myself so maybe someone else can give you a more accurate answer here.

KelliShaver
01-19-2007, 07:09 PM
The software you use to create the web site doesn't matter one bit, except that it might spit some extra, garbage markup into your HTML page and thus your code to content ratio is needlessly high..... which Frontpage will gladly do with enthusiastic glee~!

As for how that effects your SERPs and/or PR, I believe it does to some extent, but I'm not certain, and have no idea how much.

It makes no difference whatsoever with regards to google sitemaps, yahoo link lists, etc., though. Those, you generate yourself, not with Frontpage... One is an XML file, the other is simply a list of links.

newdeveloper
01-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I was unaware that dmoz was down. I think I submitted my site a week ago.

polspoel
01-20-2007, 02:00 AM
There are programs that can create a sitemap xml file, they simply automatically check all the pages in your site (following links) and then create the sitemap. Google it.

GeorgeB
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I was unaware that dmoz was down. I think I submitted my site a week ago.DMOZ is back up now and accepting submissions.

ceojuliej
02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Help! After my customers purchase their CD's, how do I let them do instant downloads? I have been looking for weeks on this and I know it is very simple since everyone does it. Please help!
Many thanks!

MaxS
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Help! After my customers purchase their CD's, how do I let them do instant downloads? I have been looking for weeks on this and I know it is very simple since everyone does it. Please help!
Many thanks!
Well, it depends. If you're only accepting Paypal payments, it's pretty easy.

What payment types are you accepting?