PDA

View Full Version : 3 Reasons to Post Here

Chris
01-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Since I just sent out an email to the forum members I thought now would be a good time to mention reasons why you should stay here and post as opposed to posting at another forum.

1. This forum actually loads at a reasonable rate. No going for coffee waiting for the index page to load.

2. Signatures here are indexed by search engines.

3. While posting isn't heavy, new threads usually aren't repeats of threads from last week.

;)

polspoel
01-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm sorry to say but those aren't very good reasons, rather perks.

There are only two reasons to be at any forum and that is :

- Gaining new contacts
- Learning new things

You have both here, but sometimes it takes a while to learn something new due to the not so high activity ;)

GeorgeB
01-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah I read this forum for the good information. Not for the basic banter I can get everywhere else. People here tend to be more professional. Guess I'm getting old..

But yeah the signature thing is why my posting halted at another forum.....

Todd W
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I think the biggest perk is you get quality reply(s) from people here. There's not many kids running around giving you their opinion or what they've heard from so-and-so.

The forum feels more "business" to me than "fun" and I think that's needed. I'm not a boring guy by any means but when I want to ask a web related question or help someone out I don't want to weed through 100 threads on random, unrelated, or stuff covered 3 years ago.

I think the forum has a more 'oldschool' feel to it as there are a good # of people here who have been doing the web thign for many years.\

ogito
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah, but everyone will try to reach the 500 posts mark... I think we will see more meaningless posts than before...

I hope I'm not right

polspoel
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
That's why it should be coupled with a reputation system.

Todd W
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
500 posts is a lot to spam too, and reputation systems can be manipulated by friends.

I think the methods currently used by Chris will work.

-Todd

Xander
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
The main reason I come here is the noise post ratio is low, although posts may be less than other forums they tend to be of a high quality.

I gave up trying to read most webmaster forums daily, this is the only one. I check out the main ones weekly or less and just try catch up on the main items where here it is easier to keep up to date with just the threads I want to read/post to.

Also the other big/main reason is there are actually people who have done or know how to do most of the core items relating to webpublishing and tend to be modest about it which to me is a major plus, its a lot more friendly here.

Cutter
01-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Also, its small enough that people know who you are without you having to have thousands of posts.

ozgression
01-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I have to start posting more often then. :)

michael_gersitz
01-19-2007, 11:21 PM
bump

michael_gersitz
01-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Now that I have over 500 posts no one can get mad at me for making dumb posts again!!

I would think a main thing in posting here is that you get direct advice from Chris who reads and responds to all threads. He has almost 5k posts and almost all of them contain good advice. (Not saying they all dont contain good advice, just theorizing that all posts are not giving peeps advice.)

Alright, off to buy a forum membership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ses5909
01-20-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry to say but those aren't very good reasons, rather perks.

I think that all depends on your motivation. For me, I really like the uniqueness in the topics. I get tired of seeing the same questions day in and day out.

fredarn
01-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I am only 16 years old, and mainly come here to learn more about advertising and website publishing.

It's a great forum, with a lot of professional website publishers (i believe)
And Chris is worth houndreds of "normal" forum members!

And the new design is also great, the only thing that could be better is the traffic, but i think it's getting there now...
:)

roseau
01-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I agree completely with ToddW - many of his reasons are mine too. There is a different feel here and I know I will get a straight answer to something I ask.

I don't feel like people are judging me here either. I feel that people really do care about each other and want to help.

I have tried my darndest to post more but don't want to make useless posts either. I have a long way to go to my 500 goal but I think the new exclusive section will be a benefit.