PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Wanted

Chris
01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Alright, fine, I'll get a moderator.

I think someone who doesn't live in North America would be good, so any volunteers from Europe or Australia? Your job will be to clean up spam when I'm sleeping, as a reward you can have a shiny new "Moderator" user title. Spiffy huh?

MaxS
01-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, I don't live outside of North America but I'm on frequently. I'm sure there are many people 'more qualified' than I am, but hey, if spam cleaning is all you need, I've got a PHD in that field.

Chris
01-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks Max, but I'm specifically looking for someone in a different timezone.

Blue Cat Buxton
01-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm happy to volunteer.

UK based, and around usually once a day.

Mike
01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I'd be happy to give it ago as well. I'm in the UK and visit regularly...

Chris
01-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Alright, Mike it is. I do somewhat recall promising him a mod position way back in 2003 when he kept telling people on SP to come over here. I'll try to get it setup tommorow.

Westech
01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Congratulations, Mike! It's good to see this going to an old-school forum member. :)

Mike
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Cheers Westech! I've now been given the duties... ;)

michael_gersitz
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
lol. I remember that.

stymiee
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Congratulations on being the first mod of WSP!

agua
01-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Congrats Mike, Mike Da Mod :yawnb:

Johnny Gulag
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Congrats :)

Xander
01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Congratulations Mike, may the spam be squashed with no mercy! :)

polspoel
01-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Congratulations!

The New Guy
01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Congrats man.

Blue Cat Buxton
01-19-2007, 04:10 AM
Congrats Mike, go slay some spam!

Todd W
01-19-2007, 08:37 AM
If ya ever need another let me know, while in North America specifically CA I am on weird hours and do report a lot of the spam ;)

-Todd

irfankazi
02-13-2007, 05:22 AM
Dear sir
This is in response to your search "Moderators Required" on google and we are pleased to serve you. I am sure our services will greatly interest you, allowing you to easily assess the activity and health of an online community and receive valuable business intelligence that will help you to understand the interests and needs of your customers to create and change the products and services and further engage and increase the audiences.
We at NeuroSpeech Technologies have designed an array of services to moderate and monitor the online content for Forums and Online Community Websites.
NeuroSpeech has a large in-house staff dedicated to monitoring the online content

Our dedicated staff is an expert at,
Audio visual moderation.
Abuse complaint processing.
Analysis of images and videos to guage there acceptability.
Multiple Language moderation to tab and control abuse in native/regional languages.
Subjective Moderation (Moderation depending upon subject)
Identify advertisements and commercials that violates policies pertaining to business and end user interests.
Identify potential competitors trying to malign your image
Why outsource to NeuroSpeech?
Difficulties of In-house Moderation
Doing in house content moderation may not result in great performance due to fact that Internet community has variety of nationals and age groups. Besides that we also provide timely reporting to demonstrate how we are performing against our expectations
Target Audience: A product or message with some nudity or inappropriate content may be attractive to young generation but not to old people. So the variety of content publishing depends upon age group, target audience.
Native Language Spamming: For internet based website, people from all over the world communicate and share the messages, but for your organization it may be difficult to hire people for every language to evaluate spam/inappropriate content. NeuroSpeech has dedicated teams in individual language to moderate the community.
Fake Profile Pictures: In order to determine fake profiles, its difficult to hire people who may have knowledge of famous artists/actors (whose pictures are usually uploaded by fake members to attract other members)
Subjective Moderation: Content like medical discussion or science discussion requires thorough knowledge of discussion subject in order to moderate. Inappropriate decision can result in degrading the quality of communication/discussion/members of the community and frustration to the members.
Dedicated Staff: There are many offshore companies doing many things with one employee, but at NeuroSpeech we have dedicated team only doing moderation and that gives you full dedicated attension our service with excellent quality throughput.
Cost

NeuroSpeech has variety of staff to moderate your content and we charge on per hour basis which starts at as low as $6/hr with 60-100 pages/messages/profiles/hr of moderation.

Dedicated employees and processes for moderation are available on request for very specific subjective moderation depending upon the context of content.

Pricing based on Per Message/Page is also available.

Regards,
Irfan Khazi
Content Moderation Department Head
irfan@supportsourcing.com
NeuroSpeech Technologies
Phone: +919945551554

Shawn
02-13-2007, 06:01 AM
"Identify advertisements and commercials that violates policies pertaining to business and end user interests."

You're not doing a very good job.

Chris
02-13-2007, 06:18 AM
I feel as if I should leave this gem of a spam up for it's pure comedic value.

Blue Cat Buxton
02-13-2007, 07:08 AM
It made me chuckle!

Mike
02-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Oh dear :lol:

polspoel
02-13-2007, 08:56 AM
It will help for those timezones!

Masetek
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
How come he hasn't become a mod yet, look at those credentials!

rpanella
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Haha, that is great. :lol:
________
FFM VIDEO (http://www.****tube.com/categories/19/ffm/videos/1)

AmbulanceBlues
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't go with him. I loaned him some money to get his inheritance out of a Nigerian bank and I haven't seen a penny back yet.