PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you listen to?

emke
12-23-2003, 08:23 PM
As there are topics about getting more traffic and how much money we all wanna make eben here under General Chat I though about posting a topic that's got nothing related to money or Google or what keyword to choose. :D

I listen to a lot of music as it helps me relax and I get a lot more work done when having music on.

I listen to Rock mostly, bands like Strokes, Hot Hot Heat, Radiohead, The Thrills, The Darkness, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, etc. There are so many great bands right now so it's impossible to mention them all. Right now I really like Didos new song - White Flag. Not so rocky but kinda cool. :D

The all time favorite band of all time and that nothing comes close to is U2 and I've been to a lot of their concerts now actually. The cool thing is that I've been to the concert they consider their best ever. You would be very surprised where the concert was.

This is what Bono said of the concert a couple of years ago: "There's no doubt that that is an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life. And if I had to spend 20 years in the band just to play that show, and have done that, I think it would have been worthwhile."

So what do you listen to?

lo0ol
12-23-2003, 11:32 PM
I used to be big into hip hop/rap and such a few years ago- Tupac, Eminem, Dre, etc. Still am, but nowadays I just love to kick back and listen to some jazz, specifically big band stuff (not old school 1940's, but from 70's-present). I'm a trumpet player and I like to listen to what I play. Mingus Big Band, Buddy Rich, Maynard Ferguson, University of Northern Colorado, San Diego State University, Tom Kubis, Brecker Brothers, that's where it's at. After listening to that type of music for 4 years now and really experiencing it and figuring out why it sounds this way, why the chord structure is set up that way, etc, it really puts into perspective of how intensely crappy the "music" is out there now. There's no emotion.

Just my little two cents. :)

incka
12-24-2003, 04:39 AM
Alternative rock for me...

R.E.M. is my favourite band, I also like:

U2, Pulp, Paul Weller, British Sea Power, Edwyn Collins, Joy Division, Cast, Weezer, The Fall and a few others.

Duke
12-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Rammstein, Prodigy, Creed, music you can bang your head against a pole to.

incka
12-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Rammstein is good...

Ich Will...

Meine Mutter klieche weis... I cut my the scar from my hand which she gave me at birth. Mutter!

Duke
12-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Engel is so good even my 8 year old daughter likes it.

Percept
12-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Anything loungy is good for me ...

AainaalyaA
05-25-2004, 07:56 AM
i usually listen to my heartbeat :) and Classical Music, or right-out Fusion the likes of Orbital, or ... even R & B. But lately, since my coming back from Russia, and getting the latest Gaziza Album, a Kazakhstan Violinist, I've been listening to that instead.

MarkB
05-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Anything from Iron Maiden to Counting Crows... recently bought the new albums from Jet, Franz Ferdinand, and a Paul Kelly best-of :) I like anything if it's melodic, and catchy.

r2d2
05-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Used to be into Maiden and Counting Crows, and that sort of stuff.

Last few years has been hip-hop though, Nas, Dre, Tupac, NWA, J5 etc...

incka
05-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Franz Ferdinand

I like them too...

I've also recently bought a Joy Division album...

Doug
06-06-2004, 09:46 AM
I listen to mainly 70s and 80s rock. Im a big AC/DC fan and I also really like Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin and Van Halen and.... well I just really like 70s and 80s rock.