PDA

View Full Version : Getting backlinks in a compeitive niche ?

s2kinteg916
01-14-2007, 09:27 AM
This seems to be real difficult, the only solution i can see is going for the paid route with some high pr directories.

Shawn
01-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Negative. In a competitive industry, buying links is pointless. Buy a few to get you indexed, but after that -- stop.

My plan from the beginning of a new project of mine (highly competitive industry) was not to buy links or concentrate on offsite SEO -- frankly because it's impossible to compete. How much money do you have for links? $4,000? $5,000? I'm talking monthly, too. That's how much it'd cost you to even start to compete with the boys at the top for anything truly competitive.

So here's what you do: Build content. Build something viral. If you build it, they will come. Then, once that's done, advertise that. Don't buy text links, but advertise your viral idea + content.

Offer something of more value. Offer something so amazing that you will make people want to link to you -- articles are great, but they bring the links in very slowly. The way to get quick links is to do something viral, something that's interesting, useful, and most importantly, eye candy.

s2kinteg916
01-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Great advice i guess sometimes my vision gets clouded. I guess you can even make articles viral depending on how u target it. As far as building PR though whats the best way since in compeitive niches you really cant just ask for link exchanges.

jono69
01-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Forget pr please!!!!
Just concentrate on the quality content, on page seo, the viral factors and pr will come in time!

s2kinteg916
01-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Content isnt a problem getting high quality backlinks form authority sites is the problem. In some markets its tougher to get backlinks...

Chris
01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Take mesothelioma for instance, nearly every website about that topic is by a webmaster trying to make a buck, hard to get links.

ZigE
01-15-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm in a moderately competitive niche, ranking 4-5th, And thinking possibly about doing a bit of link buying on some related- high PR sites, Along with my natural link building (which is time consuming at times).

It's a nice idea to create something 'viral', but I imagine something that would be hard to achieve successfully. There's only so much thinking outside the box you can do. Work on that project, but have another on the side, go find another niche! :P