PDA

View Full Version : Stumbleon

mikestrand
01-14-2007, 12:00 AM
At the moment there is a huge thread over at dp regarding stumbleon and the traffic it can bring , view it here (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=208395)

Basically does anyone use stumbleon and have you much success ?

Also while I'm here I have created an online interface for said link exchanges http://www.allcreatives.net/stumbleupon

michael_gersitz
01-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Do some research stumbleupon is a small pea in a huge pod.

Cutter
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I've used it; works for mainstream type of sites -- games, humor, etc. Its worth running a few tests on your own sites because, at least last time I used it, it was super easy to get volume traffic from.

hawks13
01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
It kinda of worked for me. I have a power tool site and noticed one day I receeived 800 hits, normally I get 200 a day. After looking into it, I noticed someone posted my website up there. I still only get about 200 hits a day on my site, so it did work for that day.

affiliates7
04-02-2007, 01:16 AM
-it is important to get more friends and invite them to success with social networking.
as you know every thing online if you respect guidelines and give it time and effort that will have a huge impact to your online business.

KLB
04-02-2007, 07:21 AM
My site gets listed in stumbleon on a regular basis without any action by me. It isn't a flood of traffic, but it is a pretty steady flow.

Selkirk
04-02-2007, 08:33 AM
I can't help thinking that StumbleUpon hits are like popup hits. Lots of impressions, little actual attention. When I've used the toolbar myself, I may cycle through a dozen sites, but only one may catch my attention.

john190
04-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I personally think the stumbleupon traffic is a little more targetted than popups. The reasons for this is because people visit stumbleupon to look at what it has to offer when stumbling and that is that.

With popups, they are normally shown on other sites that get paid to show them so some of them probably gets shown on publishers sites that try and cheat the system.

Muggle
04-13-2007, 02:20 AM
I wonder if SU is good only for hobby-related stuff. I mean you won't be able to advertize your programming site or seo site there.

KLB
04-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Muggle, you would be surprised at the frequency people post a link to my environmental chemistry site in Stumble Upon. If you produce good quality content that is interesting, someone will add it to SU from time to time regardless of its topic area.

john190
04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
I get quite a few visitors from stumble to my entertainment site, but didn't realise that I would also get some stumbles from my Affiliate Programs Directory. Even though I have had some, I would have thought people will just click of the first page by just stumbling on, but I have had a few visitors stick around.

MaxS
04-13-2007, 11:35 PM
I can't help but think that the traffic is only a small step up from autosurf traffic.

bassplaya
04-14-2007, 12:46 AM
People just bouncing off. Low quality traffic same as autosurf traffic like MaxS said

allout
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
In my opinion, it's worth a shot, it's free and not a lot of work. Who knows you may get a few good hits from it. Will it set the world on fire, most likely not; but hey nothing ventured nothing gained.