PDA

View Full Version : Product-specific domain names - any value?

KELOMAN
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I have a couple of new domains that are specific to two upcomming products in the DJ industry. The are www.numarkvirtualvinyl.com and www.finalscratch3.com and both of these upcomming digital DJ products should have a lot of buzz. I was planning on developing them (right now, there is just a single, keyword rich page with some Adsense for each domain) in an effort to make a little money, but would I be better off selling them?

I doubt that it would ever happen, but maybe I could trade the domain names to their respective companies in exchange for a copy of Numark's Virtual Vinyl and Stanton's Final Scratch 3!

What do you guys think?

Cutter
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Definately value, but you might have trademark problems with the numark one (assuming thats the company name.)

Chris
01-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Also, do not just load up a page with ads before launching. You could poison it in the search engines by making it look like spam.

roseau
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I would develop them properly right away - this is said in hindsight bc last year I reg;d a bunch of domains (no trademark) that related to something big going on. Then things happened and I missed the boat. So basically I did myself out of a good thing.

Just another note and this is only my opinion since I have no clue what these products are -lol
But if they are trademarked products and the domain name is the trademark name, you best stay away from the company who produces it. They will be able to stop you from using the name anyway and you have zero bargaining power in a trademark situation.