PDA

View Full Version : Ad networks and PHP templates

Liz
01-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi, I'm nearly finished with getting my giant fansite ready to be moved to a database. Large sections of my Web site will be generated dynamically with PHP templates. I'm just curious -- if I were to sign up with a network like Linkshare, etc., would placing a banner in one of these templates mean that only that one particular ad would appear in every page that uses that template? Or does a service like Linkshare rotate the ads so that I wouldn't have the same ad appearing on every page? I've tried e-mailing Linkshare and Commission Junction about this, for instance, but they didn't reply.

I use Adsense on my forums, but I don't think it would work well on the rest of my Web site. My topic is one music artist and I don't think I'd get much variety in my Google ads. Am I right? Thanks for reading. :)

michael_gersitz
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Linkshare and CJ are not CPM companies. If you grab a banner from them, the same banner will be shown throughout your entire site.

You would need a program like valueclick, casalemedia, or tribal fusion in order to have banners displayed on every impression where you get paid.

Hope this helps.

Liz
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
That helps, thank you! Then at the very least, I'll make money even though the template would only show one ad.

MaxS
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm not familiar with Linkshare, but ad networks like Casale Media, Tribal Fusion, and Valueclick Media, will rotate ads depending on a number of factors.

Liz
01-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks Max! :)