PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Mail support has ceased

KLB
01-05-2007, 09:55 AM
You can date old timers by the fact if they have used or still use Pegasus Mail by David Harris. I'm one of those old timers and have been using Pmail as it is called for short for around a dozen years now. I went to the official website today and much to my dismay, I discovered financial difficulties have finally killed off Pegasus Mail.

This is such a sad day. :bawling:

I now have a dozen years of email built up that needs to be migrated to something else and never have I seen an email client that handled spam any better than Pmail. Deep down I knew this day would eventually come, but this is like the death of an old friend.

I wonder if there are any migration tools to help one migrate from Pmail to Thunderbird?:confused:

Sigh.

All good things must come to an end.

RIP Pegasus Mail, you were ahead of your time.

stymiee
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
I would suspect if one didn't exist that a migration tool would be in the works if Pegasus really is dead. The opportunity to gain new users is to great for Thunderbird to ignore.

KLB
01-05-2007, 10:13 AM
It is really dead, here is the official notice on Pegasus Mail's official website: http://pmail.com/

I'm so sad. :(

stymiee
01-05-2007, 12:21 PM
They do mention the possibility of migration tools. That's encouraging.

Dan Morgan
01-10-2007, 03:37 AM
Never say die, an addendum has been added to the announcement stating that sponsorship/donations could restart the project.

KLB
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Ya I saw that notice, I'd be more than happy to donate if he offered a Paypal or World Pay option. I just wasn't very comfortable with the payment processor option provided.

MaxS
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM
That's interesting. Were they not able to monetize it?

KLB
01-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Not enough to support the operation.