PDA

View Full Version : PR Linking Method Dual Servers

michael_gersitz
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I am thinking about buying another server (on a different class C ip of course) and I want to know the best way to get the highest Pagerank possibly. Basically I drew a picture of 2 examples on how I thought of doing it.

(Sites are in black) (links are in blue and pink) (server 1 is "1", server 2 is "2")

I know u got some of these already drawn up chris, (a quick search i couldnt find any) Please post a link if possible.

If I plan on creating a hundred websites each with 200 pages... whats the easiest way to get a high pagerank this way on any of my sites. I currently have 50 websites with PR4 all interlinking.

Chris
12-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Server doesn't really matter for PR.

As for how to best distribute PR among all the sites, I recommend the hub-spoke method.

It it what I did on my network on datafeed sites (120ish at the peak).

http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/hub-spoke/

michael_gersitz
12-31-2006, 01:45 PM
But PR determines how much the link weighs? And links on the same ip weigh less?

andyf
01-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Yes Michael, that’s true : links from same ip are not valued by spiders, instead try to have links from other relevant high PR sites don’t interlink with your own sites.
Try to host your sites at different host so ip’s may change and you can then interlink your sites. Interlinked sites should be based on same theme as of yours.
For ranking high you will have to optimize you site for your keywords to rank in serp, directory submission will help you, high PR backlinks from related site will boost your PR.

Chris
01-01-2007, 06:53 AM
IP doesn't matter for PageRank.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/myth-busting-virtual-hosts-vs-dedicated-ip-addresses/

I'm not saying that multiple cross linked sites on the same IP wouldn't trigger a Google spam flag asking for human review. But for PR alone, it will not matter.

I've gotten sites to PRs of 6 or 7 from same IP links alone.