PDA

View Full Version : frequent delay with typing

Chris
12-31-2006, 08:07 AM
Anyone have this problem before?

No matter what application, often as I type there is a 5 second hiccup where nothing I type gets registered and then it all shows up. It is very annoying. I've had it when using SSH before of course, but that is obviously from a network issue. In this case it is a USB keyboard, not even wireless.

I worry about a keylogger or something but scans turn up nothing.

Cutter
12-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Can't say I've had that happen to me recently. I would look to see whats running in the background; the only time I can recall this happening is when I got some big apps loading while I am typing.

Chris
12-31-2006, 09:58 AM
I upgraded AVG & Spy Sweeper recently... maybe the new version of one of them is sucking down too much resources... but it doesn't appear so in the task manager.

Todd W
12-31-2006, 01:15 PM
I had a related keyboard problem... my KB would randomly turn-off and stop working. Turns out my desktop phone charger sucked to much power from the USB (split between the two) andwould randomly ovwerpower the KB.

Sounds like maybe windows is jsut getting overloaded and it's time for a re-install of the OS. And you know waht that means, time for a new computer to be built ;) HEHE!

-ToDd

fredarn
12-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Phu, all the Windows problems... Glad i don't have those anymore :)

Mac OS X, you should give it a try!
By the way; Apple got a new OS coming out early 2007...

Mike
12-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah I get that every so often. Usually it happens when I've a lot of applications running, and yes, it is very annoying.

Generalissimo
01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Seems to happen more on older/slower computers such as the ones at my college. Probably something to do with system resources.

ses5909
01-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm the same as Mike. it will happen to me when i'm using a lot of resources.