PDA

View Full Version : Goals for 07 - Internet Related

AndyH
12-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Spinoff of the other thread.

What are your goals for '07 website/Internet related?

Mine is to have my new website launch by the end of Feb and for it to make a profit by September.

For my other sites 100%+ in traffic/paying members/advertising income is the goal.

Generalissimo
12-29-2006, 02:54 AM
I've made unreachable goals in the past, so I shall try to be more realistic this year.

$250 revenue per day (reached this before, but allowed to sink down a bit).
Daily updates of Craziness with new content.
Start a flash games contest sometime in the year.

EDIT: Links to previous year's goal threads:

2006 (http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4251)
2005 (http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2641)
2004 (http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=653)

Todd W
12-29-2006, 03:43 AM
Well I started my `07 goals early.... err achieving them ;)

Get new business name, get sellers permit, get better organized, do some work on my own sites and not only customers.

For 06 except for the first few months I didn't really do ANYTHING to my own sites now I'm back in full swing launching new sites, updating other sites and hiring people to do stuff for me (which I NEVER did before).

For '07 I have lots of plans :)

Chris
12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Get my game site finished and have it built to a userbase of 5000. Considering I'm not doing any of the work myself I am at the mercy of the, so far, slow/absent/vanishing developers.

Relaunch my guide on this site (should be early 2007).

piniyini
12-29-2006, 05:24 PM
To try and get $1k per month

michael_gersitz
12-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Get to 200$ per day from my websites. Own 200 operational money making sites. PR6 on at least 3 sites.

Make $500 affiliate marketing per month.

vahsi000
12-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Mine is to be able to earn $300 per month, which is like $10 a day from my existing website, although this amount might not seem much to you guys but an average person in a developing country like turkey could live on that money (although I live in australia)

Hey michael, so are you planing on earning $1 a day from your 200 websites?

michael_gersitz
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
steal content, click fraud, black hat, hacking, design ripping, spam.

ses5909
12-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Launch my new resource site by end of january--slicing the design currently. Start to monetize another site that is pretty well established now.

Cutter
01-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I just did the calculations for yesterday, and I am happy to say I am on track to meet my 2007 goal -- 7 figure revenues (after expenses my profit is considerably less, but still many times more than I expected to be making now.)

You guys need to crank up your goals!

Here is a tip: the amount of money you make does not go up in proportion to the time you work -- the amount of money you make goes up exponentially the more you work.

As an example, say you worked a year to get to $20 a day. I worked a matter of months before that $20 hit $100. Now that $100 is a lot higher.

Here is another suggestion: if you can't do this full time then focus on building sites with a long-term user base with both a forum and e-mail newsletter -- and just ignore the dollars for now. 5 years from now these are the types of sites that will be number 1,2,3 on Google, ecommerce sites and heavily optimized low-quality content sites will be no where to be seen.

One last thing, read this blog post if you havent already: http://seoblackhat.com/2007/01/02/2007-key-to-success-you-are-the-ceo/

Farmer77
01-04-2007, 03:38 AM
Back around November, I made a realistic and low expectation goal of making 50 dollars a month. (yeah, i know that sucks) Well, right now I am averaging about 6 dollars a day so that comes out to 180 dollars a month which surpassed my expectation and I'm waiting for my Adsense Pin number that was mailed out several days ago.

With higher expectations now, I want to make at the very least 100 dollars a day by the end of the year.

Todd W
01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I just did the calculations for yesterday, and I am happy to say I am on track to meet my 2007 goal -- 7 figure revenues (after expenses my profit is considerably less, but still many times more than I expected to be making now.)

You guys need to crank up your goals!

Here is a tip: the amount of money you make does not go up in proportion to the time you work -- the amount of money you make goes up exponentially the more you work.

As an example, say you worked a year to get to $20 a day. I worked a matter of months before that $20 hit $100. Now that $100 is a lot higher.

Here is another suggestion: if you can't do this full time then focus on building sites with a long-term user base with both a forum and e-mail newsletter -- and just ignore the dollars for now. 5 years from now these are the types of sites that will be number 1,2,3 on Google, ecommerce sites and heavily optimized low-quality content sites will be no where to be seen.

One last thing, read this blog post if you havent already: http://seoblackhat.com/2007/01/02/2007-key-to-success-you-are-the-ceo/

This is the best advice I've read in a while... but most people will not do it because it takes "time" and is not "instant".

James
01-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Crank up the goals? sure. Make 6 million dollars and live off the interest.

But in reality I plan to make $1000-$2000.00 per month at the end of it.

newdeveloper
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I just launched my first site at the beginning of 07, so my goal for the year is just to make it profitable. I want to at least cover my costs.

Todd W
01-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Crank up the goals? sure. Make 6 million dollars and live off the interest.

But in reality I plan to make $1000-$2000.00 per month at the end of it.

I'd hope by interest you mean investments ;)

Westech
01-16-2007, 10:47 AM
--Finish up and launch several projects that I've had in the queue for a while

--Increase overall profits by around 50% through a combination of launching new sites, continued growth of existing sites, and reducing expenses.

--Diversify into some kind of non-internet related business that doesn't' take much of my time away from my online businesses.

Kyle
01-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Focus all my work into one primary project. I enjoy a simple life and want to get into the $200-$300,000 range. More would always be fine, but this one project should at least get me to the 200-300,000 range in time. I don't like managing multiple sites. I'd rather have one never ending project that doesnt have a limited revenue potential.

My goal is to be a little more comfortable, then spend my time studying astronomy and traveling.

polspoel
01-19-2007, 07:23 AM
To launch loads of community websites using my custom framework. Ideally each will be moderated by the community itself.

I'm also aiming at a 100% profit increase.

GeorgeB
01-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Have all of my newest forums at big-board status (500,000 posts) and critical mass in terms of member signups (where I no longer have to promtoe to gain new members). I also plan to be making enough to begin hiring employees by September so that I can begin my phased retirement and start focusing on real-estate as additional income/wealth building/old age hobby :)